My New German Rifle!

Post your pics and vids here.
ChevyM14

My New German Rifle!

Post by ChevyM14 »

I took my new TNW MG34 out shooting this week end. it shot the fist 150 rounds great, but after that it would not shoot more the two :? :roll: . also that charing handed is sliping off the bolt some times :? . outer then that I was it was fun.
Attachments
MG day.JPG
MG day.JPG (3.27 MiB) Viewed 1378 times
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

Charging handle problems..... I had those too with mine. I tried swapping mine out with one from a parts kit, but it fit so tight I couldnt cock the gun with it. I ended up welding a bead on the tip of the part that contacts the bolt and then filing it to fit. It has worked fine for me since this fix was done in 2004.
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

the SA34 is classified as a firearm not rifle right ?
I'm just asking because the SA42 was reclassified .
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

MG34

Post by ChrisPCook »

I think I like your buddies T shirt almost as much as I like the 34.... :D Chris....
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Awesome pic! Yeah, does that other guy have a Camoflauged Razor too? Looks like alot of fun! What I like about shooting heavy guns from the shoulder like that is that you get so tired so quickly that you can save on ammo! Good Luck fixing your gun.
Claven2

Post by Claven2 »

You might waqnt to check your booster cone hole diameter. Seems alot of ppl report feed issues if they have the 9.25" diameter cone hole. some ppl report improvements when either replacing or boring out the cone to the correct 11mm diameter.

As for the charging handle slipping off the bolt, sounds like the tab that contacts the bolt is worn out of spec. I'd suggest calling TNW for a replacement, or barring that, TIG welding on a blob and filing it down to fit, as suggested.