The ULTIMATE MG34 package :shock:

Post your pics and vids here.
c310pilot
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

The ULTIMATE MG34 package :shock:

Post by c310pilot »

:shock: I saw this last night! the link to the sale is in the for sale section :shock:

redrivertactical
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: The ULTIMATE MG34 package :shock:

Post by redrivertactical »

i cant believe that someone has not cleaned out their piggy bank for that...i would be sleeping in a ditch rubbing on that 34 if i didnt have a family to support... :lol: :lol:
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

i wonder if the drums are mg13 or the real ones? - matt
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I can't blow the picture up enough to see the details,or if the topcover is real or a repro.I would assume that someone that took the time to get this all together would do it right and get the real stuff.This picture would make a nice poster! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

most of it looks repainted in yugo and norwegian paintl. - matt
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Ed S »

Nice, but needs more optics, barrel jackets and a milled top cover :D
amafrank
Major
Major

They are MG15 drums, not MG13....

Post by amafrank »

the MG13 did use a doppeltrommel but it had some weird angles to the feed tower and drums due to the side feed on the gun. I've never seen or heard of a "real" MG34 drum but I have seen a number of MG34's using the original (russian import claimed to be original anyway) topcovers. All that I've seen worked fine with the DT15 marked drums as long as the drums would latch up. One friend had a couple drums that wouldn't latch properly but the rest of his drums worked great. The guns run quite a bit faster with the drum feed because there is no energy used to advance and lift the belt.

Hope that helps
Frank
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Ed S »

The Mg15 and MG34 double drums are different. True MG34 double drums are very hard to find.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Somewhere in here there are some pictures of the 34 drums,from Ryan Schnee,I think.It compares the two.I have heard that the 15 drums can be made to work,but not fully loaded as it puts too much tension on the springs.The 15 drums are fairly common,original 34 s are not. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

anybody know the link to the comparison pics? - matt
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Ed S »

I found the thread but the pics are gone. Here is a pic of a real mg34 double drum. It is different from the mg15. The mg15 drums do not have the "y" "O" markings
Attachments
102_0202.JPG
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Very nice-thank you! The 15 drums also differ in the center,the rotating 'post' has just a slot in it.I will get some pics of both sides,I believe the rear side is also slightly differant. ---bil
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

thats a great looking drum you got Ed, thanks for posting! can you shoot it? does it work well? - matt
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Ed S »

Matt wrote:thats a great looking drum you got Ed, thanks for posting! can you shoot it? does it work well? - matt

It is with much regret that I admit that the drum is not mine. I have a legit topcover, but no such luck on the drum. The guy who owns this drum bought a box of parts at an auction and it was in the box. My luck is never that good
bergflak
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bergflak »

The DT34 drums are as noted Chicken-teeth rare! I have posted pictures of mine in a earlier post, showing the method to adjust it for a smooth run! The two screws on the small covers goes out and the covers are removed to get access to the spring-tension adjuster! The two covers are the most noticeable difference between the DT15 and DT34. But there are also other noticeable features like the top-latch form and the obvious WH WaA instead of the LW WaA. The DT-13 is even rarer than the DT34!
And the Russian DT34 top covers were real, no doubt about it! Sadly, they are now all gone and the lucky winners got theirs. No more can be found, and the prices are running wild again!
Mit freundlichen Grüße

Bergflak
www.bergflak.com