Photos of my build...

Post your pics and vids here.
jimdvan

Photos of my build...

Post by jimdvan »

Its almost done. I'll do the second test firing today. If it works like I want I'll blue it soon. As you can see some of the weld I'll just leave as is.

Michael J

Re: Photos of my build...

Post by Michael J »

:D very nice looking! I was contemplating a 34 build also... but the m53 costs way less, and sells for just as much as a 34 would here :( . Ah well... i might end up doing the build one day anyways :) .
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Great job Jim on the re-weld :D , nice receiver proofs as well, the rest of her looks pretty good also.

Once she is blued, it will look ready for service :D

Anyone ever use duracoat on the '34 receiver?

Of course with its 1mm thickness you would only want to do the outside.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

looks really nice. x2 on nice proofs. You going to mount it on a tripod at all? if so might want to grind down the welds in that area a it. I know ming fits very snuggly in my mg3 mount.. just my .02
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

I will not be mounting it on a tripod.

The gun was short stroking using 1950's Yugo ammo. The bolt was catching the empties before they could drop out. When I changed to 1970's Romy it worked very well. The Romy must have more umph to it.

Prior to getting the gun built I found that the booster cone was 9.5mm for .308. I drilled it to 11mm and that may be the problem with the Yugo. I have a 10mm cone on the way.

So, it looks like with Yugo I use the 10mm cone and with Romy I use the 11mm. The gun is quite accurate. A little high at 100 yards but the windage is right on.

I wish I could take credit for the welds but I had a local guy, who is an awesome welder, do it. He only charged me about $75. Thanks to Bil for renting me his jig.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Nice Job Real nice welding. Hope to do as well someday..

Later 42rocker
shinsoku

Post by shinsoku »

Jim, your 34 is lookin' super nice. And thanks for your help with mine.....................Del
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Very professional looking welding.Looks strong!
dewat

Post by dewat »

Nice looking shooter, great job !
exec

Post by exec »

Very nice.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

exec wrote:Very nice.