pics from Aberdeen

Post your pics and vids here.
Panzerschreck
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

pics from Aberdeen

Post by Panzerschreck »

These are some pics from the ordnance museum at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland. The ordnance school and part of the museum have been moved to Fort Lee, Virginia. These were taken just before the move.

Several MG-34s including an S

Display of FGs and STGs, this wall did have a krumlauf STG one row over.

Russian copy of an FG42. I had never heard of one, but they have plenty of originals and this is where small arms were evaluated after capture. Look at the barrel profile.

MG 08/15 on a AA tripod

watercooled 50, check out the stack of Lewis guns

a coastal gun I don't think they are going to move

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: pics from Aberdeen

Post by Bil »

That puts me in the Christmas spirit! Wouldn'y you like to find those under the tree this morning?! :D ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
RetiredRoadDog

Post by RetiredRoadDog »

Tiger is still there

RetiredRoadDog

Post by RetiredRoadDog »

The tank manufactured at the end of the war. Found in a Czech factory assembly line.

RetiredRoadDog

Post by RetiredRoadDog »

The best tour guide

Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

great pics! thankx for posting! - matt
Panzerschreck
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by Panzerschreck »

I haven't been back since the move started. Have heard that with budget cuts, there are no plans to build the museum at Fort Lee. How much is left at Aberdeen? It was a shame to dismantle it and then shelve the plans for the new museum.

Looks like the Hetzer shared the same fate of most of the German armor there having panels cut away. Seeing them rust away in the rain was a real shame.

This Elefant was freshly painted the last time I was there.

amafrank
Major
Major

Post by amafrank »

Kind of interesting to see the US Watercooled .50cal Browning on a DShK mount....wonder how they did that.

Doesn't seem that our govt is much interested in preserving any of our military history. With the tank museum at ft knox being pretty much left out to rust in georgia to an unknown fate and the stuff from aberdeen its a sad day indeed....

Frank