lafette rebuild as MG42

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

lafette rebuild as MG42

Post by messerschmittfan »

Folks I have a 1939 Lafette that looks like it was rebuild by the Germans in WWII based on Berkflaks excellent web page. I would like to convert it back to a Lafette 34 does anyone have a source for the front cradle for the 34? It appears that everything else except for the rear gun mount is original. Interesting is that under the Yugo green is the overall tan that came out in 1943!
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: lafette rebuild as MG42

Post by messerschmittfan »

I tried to post some photographs with the post but they do not appear. What is the best way of doing this, I am using an Apple. Thanks Harry DSC01433.JPG
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by howiebearse »

it's likely that all the lafette 34 tripods were rebuilt into lafette 42 tripods . When this was done the top trays were most likely scrapped as the Yugo's had no use for the parts. My yugo lafette was an original German made one but during the rebuild all German proofs were removed. I am not sure how many tripods that Yugoslavia built from scratch I think that all with scope mount brackets are original German ones. One must wonder where all the captured scopes went. My tripod had a MG34 bolt box on it which I traded for a MG42 box as I am using it for my Yugo M53. I am now trying to find all the M53 accessories I can. Doing the same for my MG34 but looking for all German proofed accessories where I can find them. Really need a MG34 cocking handle complete
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

If you want to attach pictures, click on the Attachments button next to the Options button, just below the Save Draft/Preview/Submit button at the bottom of the page. Then click on Add files. It's not hard to do, unless your view is different due to Apple hardware.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

Here's you go,

http://mg42.us/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=80 ... t+pictures

salt

PS the girl belongs to me :mrgreen: