Mg 42 Lafette on ebay

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
bergflak
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Mg 42 Lafette on ebay

Post by bergflak »

Now what do you all think about this "Used, periode original item" ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ww2-German-Mg42 ... 3cfc013ac0
Mit freundlichen Grüße

Bergflak
www.bergflak.com
Blanksguy
General
General

Re: Mg 42 Lafette on ebay

Post by Blanksguy »

Hello Bergflak,
Thank you for the "link" to that MG42 Lafette on E-Bay.

My thoughts are that this is an attempt to pass a "Yugo" Tripod off as WWII German (?)......as evident by the front and rear weapon mounting-brackets.....the "D-Rings", and some of the markings do not look correct.

But you have seen many more of the MG42-Lafettes than I, and know a lot more than I could hope to learn.
What do you see on this "Lafette" (?).

Regards, RichardS
US Army, Retired.
PS: .........and I am still looking for an MGZ40 "Collimator" for a scope that I have.......(?).
bergflak
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bergflak »

Pritty much a "Bulls eye" there Richard! In addition I would say that trying to pass that paint job as "WW2 periode original" is a bit over the edge. Also worth noting is how the alu parts have been totally sanded down removing the black Yugo anodizing. Now they are left in the white (aluminum) while the rest of the Lafette is freshly painted...

Unfortunately, some sucker will end up with a very expensive M53 Lafette......
Mit freundlichen Grüße

Bergflak
www.bergflak.com
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

What is really sad.........is that I have been offered a few of these WWII Tripods from England (where the "shop-owners" believe that even with the weld-lines on that front weapon-mount, that the "shop-owners" say nothing is wrong...."it's all WWII German"! ).

I was even offered an Austrian MG42 Bolt-Box as WWII German.............(?).

Yes.....some new collectors will spend money on these and later learn that they have been "taken".

We here in the USA are also seeing a lot of newly manufactured "Waffenampt-stamps" so that these "fakers" can add more "markings" to their "prizes". Everyone knows that even with WWII winding down.....that the more "stamps" an item has, it is worth more......(?).

Bergflak, I was "schooled" by a collector in Europe about early MG42 receiver......and have several questions that I need to ask about those early "slotted" "bpr" receivers with very low serial-numbers and 1942 dates. Does anyone have/know about the pre-production run of MG39/41s which became the MG42 (?). I only know of the French MG34/MG42-Board for advanced information. Possibly another "collector-Board about these that you might know of (?)

Regards, RichardS
US Army, Retired
Blanksguy2001@outlook.com
bergflak
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bergflak »

The French board is the only one I know of, and I do not go there, as I find it too complicated to deal with [diz] :-)
My own knowledge about the MG42 is limited. I dig deep when I write about certain "uncovered" subjects, but most weapons in general has been studied by so many people smarter than me that I see not point "going there" 8)

BTW: There is no reason to fear the "stampers". Most of the time they make it easier for us to see what is fake, as the stampings are overdone or doesn't match at all!
Mit freundlichen Grüße

Bergflak
www.bergflak.com
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

WOW!!!!!.....can you believe that with over 4-days left, that "Yugo" MG42 Lafette is up to $1,616 ?????

Someone is really going to be mad later.

Regards, RichardS
US Army, Retired.
bergflak
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bergflak »

Or just plain sad....
Mit freundlichen Grüße

Bergflak
www.bergflak.com
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

.....and the high-bidders paid $2,463 for a "Yugo" Lafette (Tripod). Then add in shipping (Tripod is in England).........and currency-conversions if not in England............and "money-Transfer-Fees".
Note: These are currently selling for $600-$1,500 in the USA.

Regards, RichardS
US Army, Retired
olli
Major
Major
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by olli »

I have one for sale as well, only mine is genuine Yugo M53 :D Maby I shall try ebay aswell....
There are often Yugo's sold as genuine 42's here in Europa...