The MG-34 in the PW MG-3 tripod....

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

The MG-34 in the PW MG-3 tripod....

Post by junglewalk »

Till I can afford a proper 34 tripod and optic, I have adapted the pw MG-3 Lafette tripod, the best I can (purists close your eyes)...... :oops:
I never have liked the 'periscope' type scope that comes in the scope can on these tri-pods; the WWII optic puts the gunners eye up with the gun, whereas this scope, the gunner's eye is way low on the tripod, and well below the gun...... :!:
I have found an inexpensive scope that put's the gunner's eye level with the gun, and even looks like it belong's on the mount, and has the "Hensoldt Wetzlar" logo prominently in view..... :lol: Also with enough imagination, one could affix asthetic little things to the outside of the scope, to look even more like original, to appear as such.
Century arms has a 'Panzerfaust' scope for $53.00, which is 2.5 power, and has a mounting dovetail bottom to it, that will slide onto a rail and lock on with a tightening wheel..(look at pics)....I mounted it to the 'periscope'type mount, by adapting a hand filed rail to it.. .....I zeroed it to the 300 m aim point at KCR here.......
Of course, I have an adaptor mt to the barrel jacket for the gun to be affixed to the tri-pod, and also removed the periscope can from the tripod itself.
BTW, this 'Panzerfaust' scope has a mt for the night optic to be lited up, using the same 'battery' pack as for the periscope.. :idea:
Here, take a look........ :arrow: ...jw
Attachments
MG34 sight option IV.jpg
MG34 sight option IV.jpg (24.16 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
Last edited by junglewalk on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

MG-34 w- level scope.......

Post by junglewalk »

Here is another shot; ,,,,,,jw
Attachments
MG34 option III.jpg
MG34 option III.jpg (25.48 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Web cam pics......

Post by junglewalk »

I only have a web cam, so sorry for the lack of clear details. Shown, the reticle in the Pzfaust scope with 100,200,300,400 m range lines, also very clear...... :D ..jw
Attachments
MG34 sight.jpg
MG34 sight.jpg (15.4 KiB) Viewed 1855 times
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

CHRIST THATS FRIGGIN BRILLLIANT :shock: thats much better than that dumb periscope, trade you :D now it just needs a lazer, so the new scope has the dovetail already on it? post a link to the scope
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Abwehr

Scope

Post by Abwehr »

Junglewalk,

Thanks for the review on the Panzerfaust Scope. From your report, I had to have one for my MG42 Lafette! I will probably have to make an adapter for it to fit the mount, but it will work for my until I can get the $1K real scope.

Thanks for posting your photos!
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

This tough scope, will even fit gunners leather pouch....

Post by junglewalk »

Thanks guys; Go to Century, and hit the column on the left,'scopes', and right there the 'Panzerfaust' scope will be listed.....They would not let me credit card 'alone' the scope, because it had to be over $75. for credit card orders, so I order 900 rds of the brass cased Yugo 8mm ammo.... :), for $55. additional...http://www.centuryarms.com...

Here are two closer looks of this thing; The female part of the dove-tail mt is on the scope mount, as you can see,with a tightening 'star' like knob on the left side of the mt......The dove-tail you have to file, is about 3/4 in wide.....I took approx 3/4 in wide, by 6 in long piece of angle iron, and bent it, 'L' shaped; then filed one side till it slided into the dove-tail of the scope mt......On the other side I lined it up with the star like knob of the original Lafette periscope mt, and drilled a hole the exact size of the screw shaft of the Lafette star knob, making sure the top of this 'L' is flush with the top of the Lafette periscope mt.....Once you tighten this new dovetailed mt on, it is tight and not going anywhere....To boresight and zero the scope to the gun, use the elevation and deflection allen screws built in the mt for the periscope....here the two close-ups.......jw
Attachments
MG34 option scope V.jpg
MG34 option scope V.jpg (17.12 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

second shot..

Post by junglewalk »

Hope you can make it out....jw
Attachments
MG34 option scope VI.jpg
MG34 option scope VI.jpg (21.67 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
BELTLEAD

MG34 Adapter for MG3 Tripod

Post by BELTLEAD »

Junglewalk,

Can you tell me who sells the adapter to fit a MG34 to a MG3 infantry tripod?
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

It's a great piece.....of...

Post by junglewalk »

Beltlead; TNW makes it, and I think it is their James guy that came up with it....It is an exact block of steel, that has two recessed holes, for flush mounting......You remove the two screws that hold the rear barrel jacket's bipod clip...I cleaned the threads of the screws, and put some Loctite on them, and they have not come loose.
This adaptor is great, and allows you to drop the gun onto the tripod securely.
The cost was $20. plus $5. shipping..........jw
Attachments
Mauser mit MG 34s.jpg
Mauser mit MG 34s.jpg (118.79 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Junglewalk,

Thankyou for information.That's a great deal for an MG34 adapter!I like the photo,I have an identical MG34 AA tripod I bought from I.M.A. five years ago.Sarco also used to sell that type AA tripod and Dave from Sarco told me the Germans made that tripod for the Spanish during WW2.I've seen that tripod on eBay once and it had a lot of Waffenstamps on the top,mine were grinded off.
Abwehr

Panzerfaust Scope

Post by Abwehr »

Junglewalk,

My Century Panzerfaust Scope arrived and I am well pleased with it, and it is in new condition. As I expected, I will have to make an adapter to mount to the Lafette. I plan to take a piece of flat bar, mill the dovetail mounts for the scope and the Lafette. Then I will weld another piece of flat bar to the two dovetail pieces and mount it. I will have to play with the exact length and height of the connecting flat bar to get it to look right on the Lafette. Definetly not authentic, but should look good.

Thanks for posting the info on the scope!
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

io has mg34 aa tripods in the current add, almost 200
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Post by Daskraut »

Damn!, I just had to read this damn post, now I gotta have one!...... :x :x :x
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Some metal work....

Post by junglewalk »

Abwehr ; ...Exactly as you say.....jw