Any blueprints out there for making a MG34 transit chest?

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
Sturmgewehr83

Any blueprints out there for making a MG34 transit chest?

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

Planning on making my own, but I need drawings ;)
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: Any blueprints out there for making a MG34 transit chest?

Post by resting »

There are photos on BRP's site of such a case. Thought I'd work from nosegunner's design on www.browningmgs.com of a 1919a4 case and adapt the dimensions to the MG34. Shouldn't be too hard. Haven't got around to it yet.
Sturmgewehr83

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

I want to replicate a german model transit chest so a M1919A4 chest just is not autentic enough for my I`m afraid but thanks for the info :)

This is the type I want to make for my Mg34:

12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

http://www.ww2steel.com/

You could see what this guy has. Also, there was a board member here that made transit chests as well.

Check out that link here:

http://www.mg34transitchest.com/
Also, do a search on this board. It's been discussed in detail, I assure you.

Good luck.
bergflak
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bergflak »

Sturmgewehr83 wrote:I want to replicate a german model transit chest so a M1919A4 chest just is not autentic enough for my I`m afraid but thanks for the info :)

This is the type I want to make for my Mg34:

Well, that would be impossible, as there is no such thing as a German (WW2) MG34 transit chest! :)
See the threads on this forum how the Portuguese box for the contract MG34's has been misidentified (and sold) as a German WW2 item.
Mit freundlichen Grüße

Bergflak
www.bergflak.com
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Every 6 months, my computer brings up this same thread as being new.... I don't know how to stop it!!!

They're always the same questions, just the dates have been changed..... somebody needs to run an anti-virus program on here.... yeah, that's it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

or buy up all the boxes and make them disappear! :lol:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

There seems to be a cycle for questions ,about 6 months is right.The worst one is when someone calls the mg42 camming piece a [use another word]!Yes,the real word has actually become a swear word in the program somehow.It has saved on medication for an important member here. :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

That's what we have STICKIES, for, gentlemen!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Sturmgewehr83

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

12thWaffenSS wrote:Also, do a search on this board. It's been discussed in detail, I assure you.
I did a search before I made this tread but I could not find any blueprints on this forum, only pictures but I can`t construct one by guessing ;) And I want ot make my own because shipping a transit chest this big from the US to me here in Norway would cost me more than the box it self
bergflak wrote:Well, that would be impossible, as there is no such thing as a German (WW2) MG34 transit chest!
Are you absolutly sure? I have seen a few of them here in Norway and I do not belive they came from Portugal, and I doubt the Norwegian army made the ones we have here. It seems very strange that the Germans did not make transit chests for their MG34, I`m thinking about transporting the weapons to the front. After all the Germans made a box or a pouch for almost anything :)

I will search the forums again, maybe I did miss something
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

ya no such thing. Germans didn't make a transit chest for any of there guns. you ones you have are probably Norwegian made.
bergflak
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bergflak »

Geeezeez! One more time!

Try these two for the ultimate "let us discuss this until we :puk: " discussions:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5812&hilit=transit

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3284&hilit=transit

The boxes that circulates in Norway are in fact Norwegian, made by the Norwegian army in the 1950's. They are a bit longer than the Portuguese as the buttstock is supposed to be stored on the gun if I recall correctly.

BUT, the Germans did in fact make transit/storage boxes for many of their guns, and these are well documented in most cases ( :lol: ). What special purpose these boxes was meant to fill ain't clear today! (The P08 box was obviously not built to transport the gun!)
I have a 5cm mortar box, the P08 Pistolenkasten and the MP38 u.40 storage box in my own collection, and I have also seen original K98k boxes (!) and MG15 boxes. I know my German WW2 boxes, and the Portuguese boxes just ain't German made!

You will not find any blueprints on this forum, but there might be a porto-owner that can take measurements for you if you want to build a box to store your gun in.
Mit freundlichen Grüße

Bergflak
www.bergflak.com
Sturmgewehr83

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

Ok bergflak I get it, I think I`ll just look for a Norwegian one then. Are there different ones or just one type? I belive I have only come across one that can take two MG34s
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

It might be helpful if someone actually did post some prints or measurements for both the norwegian and portuguese boxes,as they do actually fill the purpose.it does seem strange to me still that the Germans didn't have any of these,as stated above,they had boxes for most of their other equipment.I even have a picture of a bunch of boxes they put their landsers in when they were through with them! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

Bil wrote:It might be helpful if someone actually did post some prints or measurements for both the norwegian and portuguese boxes,as they do actually fill the purpose. ---bil
That would be very useful.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

You tell'em Bergflak. I get tired of rehashing the old topics when some people don't even try the search engine. :search
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

maybe we could make the box discussions a sticky so everybody will see them :eureka:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

What I would make a sticky is any plans and pictures of any 'transit boxes' with measurements and pictures anyone cares to post.Show off some of your work! ---bil
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

I DID have picture of my chests on a post... then the board crashed taking all the pics with it!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

why did you have a picture of your chest on the board, no wonder it crashed :D