Amnesty question

How not to see club fed.
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Colorado1919 »

CharlieB
agree completely with Colorado1919. The NRA sold us down the river in 1986. What they fail to realize is if they give in one inch to the anti-gunners their precious Root pistols and flintlocks will be next!!!
AMEN
Happiness is a WARM beltfed.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was." Toby Keith

Live to shoot, shoot to live.

Belt-feeders does not = bottom-feeders.
Brass Scrounger

Post by Brass Scrounger »

Colorado1919 wrote:
CharlieB
agree completely with Colorado1919. The NRA sold us down the river in 1986. What they fail to realize is if they give in one inch to the anti-gunners their precious Root pistols and flintlocks will be next!!!
AMEN
If you give it some thought, NRA sold us ALL down the river in 1934.
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

I believe that we all know what the NRA did to all of us over the years........but we won't get our "rights" back (trying to get the MG Ban from 1986 lifted)......nor correct the shortfalls of the proposed VHA (all Veterans....or a general Amnesty) unless we contact of elected reps..........correct?

Ya.........I know.......they won't listen........but that is what we (retired-Veterans) thought when we (Retired/Disabled Veterans) tried to get "concurrent-receipt" passed as part of the DOD Auth. Act. ...........it took several years.......but it is "Law" now.....so the system will work "IF" you use/push it.

REMEMBER.......election years these same "reps" may listen more now (2006).....and keep writing/e-mailing/calling them.

Be safe, RichardS.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Colorado1919 »

Think about what Blanksguy is saying our representives may not listen to us. But think about what you will tell your grandkids when they ask "what did you do to save our rights granddad?" "Well I just sat around on my fat can and did nothing." Now I know that your grandkids aren't going to ask you this question but if we're not in this for the future generatins. Then what are we in this for, the self gratification. Won't it make us feel good to know that we did something for those that will come after us.
And this maybe one way for us to get a little of our own back. To feel good about getting one over on the libs.

I'm not a vet there are alot of us out there that aren't but my father is. I really believe that the reason these men and women put themselves in harms way is for the rest of us and the generations to come to enjoy the same freedoms we all enjoy now. We need to do the best we can today to stop the erosion of ours and thier future rights away. To make the hurdle to high for the antis to jump.

Brass Scrounger I may be old but I'm to young to remember 1934. LOL.
Happiness is a WARM beltfed.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was." Toby Keith

Live to shoot, shoot to live.

Belt-feeders does not = bottom-feeders.
H S Arms

Re: NRA

Post by H S Arms »

jbaum wrote:Colorado1919 - the NRA will never help NFA weapons owners. They don't care about machine guns, and have said so repeatedly. They're the ones who agreed to the law stating that there would be no new production, and the president of the NRA has stated that there's no reason for anyone to own a machine gun. If you want machine guns back, the NRA is the wrong place to look for help. They still think the second amendment is about duck hunting.
That is why we call them Elmer Fudd's, you are correct the NRA does not care about Machine gunners, but they are at all Knob Creek events trying to get new members and old members to renew their memberships, and if you ask about machine-gunners they lie to you and say we are all in this together, and then they sell you down the road. But being a member of the NRA is better than not being a member of anything, I will be a member until something better comes along. JMO. Harry.
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

Ed's right; there ARE other organizations out there aside from the "Needing Revenue Again" abd as long as they refuse to represent us, why should we contribute a penny to them? As long as we have the GOA, the JPFO, and others like them, there are FAR better places for our contributions- and votes- to get behind, and the KEY to it is to let your representatives know it. The NRA may be the "biggest" gun rights organization, but how many of their members take the time to ACTIVELY write, call or get out and support those who are in Congress and the Senate? If you want to see a change in the laws, then you have to go through the proper channels and procedures. The law was passed in 1986, and if you don't like it, then get out there and lobby for it to be changed. Other people with causes do it every day; why shouldn't we? Rights are given from God, but laws are made by men, and other men can change them. Right now, the nation is pretty well split along party lines, and BOTH major parties are looking to jockey for position to get the right 1% or 2% that can swing an election. Let it be known that you are representing a group of people who are active single-issue voters AND who are currently not being represented by EITHER party, and that we are watching for a sign from those who are currently in office, and those who are running for those offices, that they WANT our votes. Tell them that ANY candidate who puts forth a bill to repeal the 1986 ban, and who votes to repeal this law which, as it was pointed out, would INCREASE REVENUES and HELP REGISTER MORE GUNS (which should even give the liberals something to consider and present as ratonalization to the "other side" ) and at the same time, throw a bone to a very visual group of gun owners. And, it can be seen as also "standing up to the NRA lobby" at the same time. Hey, if the NRA can sell us out, then turnabout is fair play! None of us wants to break the law, and the ATF guys are just doing their job of enforcing what is on the books. But if all these FA parts kits are a "grey area" AND if they are not going to allow more of them to be imported anyway, then why not allow those who have them to go ahead and register them in a legal manner? It would make sense for everyone- FA enthusists could LEGALLY rebuild what they already have as "parts kits", the government would get extra "revenue", and the ATF guys would have a legitimate reason to ask for a bigger budget to deal with the new guns on the registry (and help offset the cost of that fancy new facility their recently-former director just blew so much of their operating budget on, and supposedly resigned over), and more guns get registered in a legal manner for the liberals, who can then say they are supporting their gun control- which we all know is more about making the liberals "feel good" and that "something is being done" to register all those "evil" guns. It would be a win-win for everyone.