Pics of 8mm German ammo cases

Mags, Drums, Slings, Stocks
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Pics of 8mm German ammo cases

Post by gdmoore28 »

Somebody a few days ago was asking about pics of the boxes (not crates) that 8mm ammo was distributed in. I found this on feeBay, represented as WWII ammo boxes. Described as follows:

"Original WW2 German surplus ammo box dated 1938 with maker code 442 for 8mm. cartridges. This box contained 20 of the smaller box's you see. The smaller box's held 15 rounds each. It has a seam split neatly open along the bottom edge that could be repaired easily. It is 12" by 5" tall. The contents have been removed and you are bidding only on the large empty box, no ammunition! Will make a great display item with your K98 items or field gear."

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-K98-AMMO-C ... 0091708865

And here's the pics (Somebody let us know if these are not "correct"):
Attachments
K98 Ammunition Boxes 1.jpg
K98 Ammunition Boxes 1.jpg (43.22 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
K98 Ammunition Boxes 2.jpg
K98 Ammunition Boxes 2.jpg (35.67 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
K98 Ammunition Boxes 4.jpg
K98 Ammunition Boxes 4.jpg (43.28 KiB) Viewed 5092 times
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Garry-I bought the same thing here on the site,only the one I got was still full and sealed.I will use it for display,as I wouldn't really trust ammo that old.The seller here got $150 for it-It was worth it to me for it to be unopened.Kind of like a rare comic book!.Besides,when the Russians attack,who wants an empty cardboard box? ps I will dig it out tomorrow and post pics-its in real good shape and the markings will be different. ---bil
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

So I guess these ARE the real thing? I cant' remember who wanted the pics, but I saw these and thought they might help.

I'd love to see additional pics of the ones you have.

GeeDeeEmm
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Garry-Feb 8 post-WTS 300round German battle packs-go halfway down thread there is a link to gunboards-it still works.more pics of these boxes.That is where I got mine. ---bil
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Yup, that's the genuine article. Those sold for $30 each about 8 years ago..... but then, didn't everything?
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Garry-Here are the pic of mine-they look the same.This one is still un-opened. ---bil
Attachments
cartridge box 004.jpg
cartridge box 004.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 5047 times
cartridge box 001.jpg
cartridge box 001.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 5045 times
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

Bil, I am glad you like that case of ammo. I have had a few others including one more that I wont sell here because it is odd in that it has 1939 dated ammo in it but the carton has been relabeled. I dont know what or why so I will take a pic and post it here to see if anybody can clue me in.

BTW I have fired original 8mm as old as 1934 and out of 120 rounds only had 2 duds. This stuff must have been well stored in all the years prior to being imported.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

This is really in nice shape,considering its age and the journeys it has taken.It would probobly be ok to use,but I like the fact that it is still sealed. ---bil
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

while i don't advocate opening something like this with so much history . I'd think the very good condition the cardboard is in would be a good indication its been stored well and very probably safe to fire.
$.02
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I think so too.I will save it for last,when the Russians are getting close!