mg34/42 book by Folke Myvrang

Look here for sites to buy or sell something? Found a good deal or something on the web you want to share? Put it here.
drooling idiot
General
General

mg34/42 book by Folke Myvrang

Post by drooling idiot »

i just saw a member mention this book in a post and thought I'd post about it here so others could add their opinions and comments.

i enjoyed the book and the history but found it to be heavily one sided (80% +) about the mg34. I'd personally have to say that as a reference book for building a SA mg42 its almost useless. I'm not overwhelmingly disappointed in the book , as it is well written and very interesting. I am a little disappointed however as i had hoped it would have more information on the 42, and I'd be able to use that info to work on my SA project.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Myrvang's book

Post by JBaum »

I have Myrvang's book and agree with you... it's more like an MG34 book, with a little MG42 stuff added in to fill it up.

I may be a little biased here, but the H.Dv. 216/6 MG42 manual available from http://www.GermanManuals.com explains the functions of all the parts of an MG42 in detail. It explains what Myrvang's book doesn't and includes diagrams of all the parts, with many diagrams of operation and disassembly.

Ask around if you need a second opinion.... Abwehr has several of the books I've translated. Good stuff, with information that isn't available elsewhere.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Jason

Post by Jason »

jbaum I would like to order the manual from you. please let me know what I need to do to order.
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

me too. I posted this elswhere but I thought you might find this post easier here. Shawn
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

yeah, me too. you have a few manuals I've been meaning to get , someday soon i hope.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

MG42 manuals

Post by JBaum »

Well guys, the link to the website is posted in a message above ( http://www.GermanManuals.com ), but just to make it really easy, below is the description for this manual from the website. I have some links on the website to show scans of some of the pages.

Payments can be sent to me at the address at the middle of this message (also on the website under "Contact Us"). A personal check is OK, but a money order ships immediately. I do accept Paypal, but try to discourage it unless there is no other convenient way. Paypal and their owners (eBay) are anti-gun, so I'm anti-them.

These are quality manuals that will last a long time. They are 8.5"H x 5.5"W with a heavy paper cover. These are NOT cheap photocopies stapled together with the edges untrimmed. I've had many compliments on the translations, the quality of the manual itelf, and the quality of the graphics. I can't tell you how many hours (hundreds) I have in cleaning up and improving the graphics using Photoshop. A link to my eBay feedback page is on my website. Lots of compliments on these manuals are listed.

H.Dv. 216/6 – For the M.G. 42, translated to English. This is an undated (best guess 1960s), but obviously post-war manual since it has information about the different nozzle sizes required for 8mm and NATO 7.62, and 7.62 cartridge data.
Part I has many graphics showing the complete disassembly and assembly of the MG42, right down to taking the cocking handle out and detailed assembly of the bolt, including the spring-loaded bolt catch.
It contains a very detailed description of the sequence of operation, including full graphics of how the recoil booster, recuperator, trigger, and bolt function in detail. This single manual has a Part I and Part II.
The second part contains a complete parts list, and many diagrams of the sub-assemblies and individual parts. Part I - 80 pages, Part II – 40 pages, 120 pages total.
If you're only going to get one of my translated MG42 manuals, this should be it so that you can fully understand the sequence of operation. The MG42 is a complicated weapon that demands understanding to operate successfully, and this manual explains how it all works.
For the owner of an MG42 in either semi or full-auto, I consider this manual to be a must have.
$27 – includes U.S. first class postage.

Thanks for your interest,

John Baum
5678 State Rt. 45
Lisbon, OH 44432 USA

Now for another shameless plug - the description of one of the other MG42 manuals I've translated (I have four MG42 manuals translated):

H.Dv. 241 - Ausbildungsvorschrift für das MG. 42 als le. u. s. MG. (Waffenausbildung) - Instruction Manual for the MG. 42 as a light and heavy MG. (Weapon Training). This is a fine, late war manual, dated Sept. 15, 1944. Originally 144 pages in a pocket size book, it's reformatted to 112 larger pages with a larger type size to make it easier to read. 170 pictures, with excellent details that aren't in any of the other translated manuals. This even shows how to use the Extractor Changer tool, and has an excellent section about stoppages (jams), causes and clearing.
This is another must have MG-42 manual. This manual leans more to educating the operator about how to maintain and care for the MG in real-world/combat situations. The H.Dv. 216/6 manual has more about how the weapon technically operates (recuperator, recoil booster, bolt functions, feed, etc.). They don't overlap too much - both together would be an excellent choice.
$27 – includes U.S. first class postage.

It doesn't save anything to order more than one manual at a time. First class postage is based on weight, and two manuals together weigh the same as two manuals separately, so the postage is about the same either way. If you're interested in 4 or more manuals, I upgrade to priority mail for no additional charge.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

ordered my 4 manuals yesterday can't wait to read them, got the above mentioned 216/6,d166-1(parts manual), mg3 lafeyette tripod manual, and the mg1/mg3 optics manual, it will be nice to know what all those gizmos do :)
Jason

Post by Jason »

thanks. Ill see if I can get a money order rounded up this week and send it off.

thanks again
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

got my 4 manuals from jbaum they look great thanks
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Jason

'

Post by Jason »

jbaum. M.O. sent. thanks again