Thought I might have screwed up ordering parts

Anything MG42 related.
tinkerbell3

Thought I might have screwed up ordering parts

Post by tinkerbell3 »

Well being new to the M53 I jumped right in a bought a few parts from RTG. I neglected to do any research on the company , I figured they were okay. Nothing bad to report , I'm just eagerly awaiting my parts. I did get the ratchet plate two days after I ordered it. In the mean time I'm reading and re-reading all the tutorials that I can get. It looks like a complicated build but I'll take my time and learn as I go. Tink
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Thought I might have screwed up ordering parts

Post by JBaum »

RTG is just fine for ordering parts.... no problems there.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

JBaum also has a great line of books on the mg42. Lots of great stuff here at the use of your search button.

Later 42rocker
jcmg42
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jcmg42 »

I bought the rear from robert at a gun show. Didn't have the cash for a tripod and when I was set to get one, he drove quite a ways to meet me 1/2 way saving a ton on shipping & time.

CLASS act.

Attached word.doc is a work in progress. The steps section hasn't been reviewed or even completed. But the links section has some links it took me a while to find so maybe help you out. Some of the sites require registration & login prior to even just reading the posts.
Attachments
MG42_how_to.doc
Not ready for prime time, but the links may help out.
(137.5 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Well I just downloaded and took a quick look at your pdf. Thanks for getting a lot of stuff into one place. I hope to get the time to review it some more later.

Later 42rocker
tinkerbell3

Post by tinkerbell3 »

Today I received my semi auto grip stick from Apex and it looks great. Now I'm rounding up the FCG probably individually from Bushmaster. I will be near Tactical Machining in DeLand tomorrow. I doubt they are open but if they are I probably can get the FGC parts from them. Here's a quick question... do I need to install the safety toggle or is that just an option ? Thanks for the info so far guys ! Tink