Anything MG42 related.
mhaberthur
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by mhaberthur »

I've just joined this site and am already astounded by the amount of info available!!! I currently am awaiting the delivery of a full auto MG42. I also have a MP40 and assorted other WWII weapons. I anticipate picking the brains of fellow members as I plan to fully enjoy firing my MG42. It is complete with a laffette mount and optical sight. My first question is what spares should I keep on hand? I currently have a spare barrel, spring set and additional firing pins.
r/
Mike Haberthur
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New member

Post by JBaum »

A few .308 barrels, and the other parts to convert it from 8mm are good to have. .308 will continue to be available as surplus, while 8mm is running out. A trigger group, extra bolt, and recoil spring are good too.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
mg42rip

Post by mg42rip »

I would also get some extra belts, that is what i had issues with initially.
I can imagine how exited you probably are, i remember i had a transfer go through and had to go to a friend of my wife Mexican wedding instead of driving 7 hours to pick it up. That sucked!!
Ed M.
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Gulfstream4 »

Welcome to the site. All the internal parts to the bolts and extra bolts is a must. Make sure you check headspace on every bolt and barrel. Do not fire this weapon without the bolt catches. There is lots of good information in Folke Myrvang books and purchase John Baum manuals.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

As others have stated Welcome to the site. FA mg42, way to go.
Please use good ammo. Just watched a video of a barrel door blow out due to old ammo.

Later 42rocker