Kriegsmarine marked MG 42?

Anything MG42 related.
JustinMG42

Kriegsmarine marked MG 42?

Post by JustinMG42 »

A guy I know recently offered for sale his fathers SA MG42 that he claims is marked by the Kriegsmarine. So far he has been away so no pictures to go off of but. I've bought and sold quite a few MG42 over the last couple years but have never encountered a Kriegsmarine marked one. My questions are as follows

1. Did the Kriegsmarine mark thier MG42
2. Would it command a premium over a "normal" MG42
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Kriegsmarine marked MG 42?

Post by 42rocker »

Sounds interesting, Would like to see any pics that would show special markings that state that it was in the Kriegsmarine. For myself never heard of one marked special for that service so always interested in learning something new.

Later 42rocker
Folke
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by Folke »

MG34's have been observed with North sea fleet and Baltic sea fleet markings occasionally, but never MG42's. I would be very suspicious of any special unit markings on MG42's in general. The MG34 Naval markings are well documented in the second volume of my MG34/42 books.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Thanks for that update information, Folke. It was a pleasure to meet you at the last Knob Creek. Thanks again for reviewing that MG34 Mountain Lafette for me.

Later 42rocker
JustinMG42

Post by JustinMG42 »

Thanks for the information I will try to get pictures. Does any one know if the Kriegsmarine used the MG42 in any great numbers.
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

I don't see why not, the Kreigsmarine had coastal artillery and they would need small arms with that.
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blackreichswehr »

i would venture to say, the mg42 would have been incorporated somehow in naval operatations,i.e. surface ships-- but i've never seen pictures or read of useage , the cons of almost all u-boats had mounts for the mg34 and each u-boat had 3 mg34's in the weapons line up.
JustinMG42

Post by JustinMG42 »

Update
Went to look at he piece in question in person and im sad to report it is a Yugo the stamp the seller believed to be kriegsmarine is a small viking ship I believe it was the personal mark of who ever put it together