An MG42 with a scope??

Post by Daskraut »

made ya look!. It took 3 hrs to mount that bastard!. :lol: Image
EZFEED

Post by EZFEED »

What does if feel like to mount a 42????? :lol:
EZFEED

Post by EZFEED »

Looks good though bud :D Is tha one of those 10/22 deals????
Abwehr

Scoped MG42

Post by Abwehr »

EZFEED,

You absolutly cracked me up with the "comeback" I spit coffee all over my keyboard!

I was talking to a friend of mine last night and he was talking about getting one of the MG42 Dress-up kits for his 10/22 and he wanted to mount (attach) a scope to the rifle and I told him I didn't think it would be an easy thing to do, so know I know! Thanks for posting this Daskraut!
EZFEED

Post by EZFEED »

HEheheeheeeeeee :lol:
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

definitly 10/22 by the looks of it nice job :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Post by Daskraut »

I knew you guys would get a giggle out of it!. The stock sights were not good enough for the wife, so I got a tall, see-through scope mount from ebay and started cutting!. The new "receiver" is about 3/4" above the steel ruger body , so you have to use very high mounts for the scope. It is a real good kit, very strong. Next comes a bipod..... 8)
fxo

Post by fxo »

Brownells sells Weaver and Picatinny Rail blanks in 6-12" lengths, in both aluminum and steel, from $15-50. Drill and tap 2 holes in a Yugo crest-marked feed cover and mount an Aimpoint or EO Tech for that "Sonderkommando" look.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ ... 651&s=6066
Last edited by fxo on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H S Arms

Post by H S Arms »

A friend of mine has one of these with a norell trigger pack in it, it runs at about 1500 rpm, a blast to shoot but a pain to load magazines. but a fun factor of 9.5. JMHO
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Post by Daskraut »

Uh....I think mine could shoot 10 rounds in a min...of .22 since I only have one clip!, califags banned big clips for .22's!!. Thank god I have my calico M100!.
lmsc07ct

Post by lmsc07ct »

Hmm, the buttstock looks more like the Ameli one. They offer this stock swap for anything in .223???
Abwehr

MG42 - 10/22

Post by Abwehr »

I have one of these and it sure does draw a crowd at the range. Usually, I take the .22 when I take the real thing, LOL. Folks are amazed at the MG42, but they just love the little 10/22 dress-up.

I had a friend of mine that makes models, and I had him paint the buttstock a "wood" color instead of the black. It certainly dresses up the gun. I also added a small piece of round steel to the underside to mount one of those plastic "scissor action" bipods. It works great, but is a little high when shooting from a bench.

The sights on the kit are the bad part, but they do look good.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Take it to the extreme. Build a lafette mount for that thing and mount the scope on the lafette complete with azimuth and altitude adjustments. That's good for a few more Ha-Ha's.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury