SA42 Sporter?

Anything MG42 related.
Cpt_Kirks

SA42 Sporter?

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

Looking at the news post at the top, we do need a good name. It needs the word "Sport" in it.

SA42 Sporter?
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

Anybody have a better name?
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

In reality all the military weapons we love are for sport. with the exception of a small percentage of rambo wannabe's we all enjoy collecting and shooting these guns for recreation. In addition the guns represent important milestones in firearms development ,industrial technology and manufacturing techniques. There is a lot more to our hobby than the average non gun person understands, unfortunately the anti gun vegetarians don't really understand what it is all about.
fxo

Post by fxo »

BFR-42 :lol:

Belt Fed Rifle 42

Big Fornicating Rifle 42
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

Sporting
Arm

simple and it works. :idea:
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

this is not a rifle it is a firearm
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

I don't know where your engraving thread went but

Semi S/A
German 42

Then a nice big W/am underneath
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

Karbinator wrote:I don't know where your engraving thread went but

Semi S/A
German 42

Then a nice big W/am underneath
It's over in "Build It Yourself".

Not being politcally correct, it's going to have pure Nazi markings on the sides, but I may put whatever we come up with as a PC name on the bottom someplace, like maybe:

"SA42 Sporter MSA-01092006"

(MSA = Midsouth Small Arms, my company - Not FFL yet)
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Hitler's Zipper Inc.???
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

As long as we are talking about how terminology affect the impression the reader gets, the impression I initially got of the term "SA42 Sporter" was different than you fellows had. The "sporter" term reminded me of the shorter length barreled versions of the Cetme and G3 clone rifles assembled (with dubious and varying quality) by Century in the US. The image in my mind immediately upon reading the term actually was a sem auto version of the MG-42 with a 16" barrel and chopped forward receiver. Such a shortened gun might actually be possible in .308. Remeber the "shorty" 1919's that some of the guys out there have made? The look pretty silly but are still fun. Probably not all that accurate though. My 2 cents.

I do regret the fact that to get increase acceptance of the SA42, we have to whore ourselves out to the game of euphemisms, reclassification, and wordplay like a scurvy politician. Unfortunately, liberals who live playing such games as part of trying to foster their unpopular ideas on the rest of the voting public have prevented the arena of political ideas from rising above such measures. The whole idea of having to market ones ideas in desguised terminology sickens me.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote: Remeber the "shorty" 1919's that some of the guys out there have made? The look pretty silly but are still fun. Probably not all that accurate though. My 2 cents.
Call me silly, but I haven't noticed a difference in accuracy with my 1919 shorty. And the fireball at night shoots is a sight to behold.
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

Call me silly, but I haven't noticed a difference in accuracy with my 1919 shorty. And the fireball at night shoots is a sight to behold.
Is that why you have that patch over your eye???
rotflmbao
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

"SA-42"............("Semi-Automatic-42")..............looks good to me....
RichardS.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
EZFEED

Post by EZFEED »

LOL!!!!!!

Now can we come up with a nice PC thumbhole stock for it! :lol:

(Just kidding! My sick sense of humor again! :lol: )
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS,

All Century Cetme's and G3's are stamped sporter on the receiver....regardless of whether its an original length barrel or the ones they hacked to remove the threads.
88comm
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by 88comm »

I vote "SA-42" I can live with that.
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

Whatever you guys do, don't make
salt change the banner. I'm very fond
of the 3 jerry's and Red lettered MG42
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Oh, the site's banner should definitely stay. No debate there. After what M1 Tanker said about the Century Sporter guns, the SA-42 designation makes a lot more sense to me.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

SA42 "Firearm"
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Colorado1919 »

I too vote for SA42 if we have to be PC. But I have to ask where dose it stop. On one of the other threads people worried about fullautos at Knob Creek on TV. It might be seen by an ANTI and we might lose our right to own FA or any gun. That thought passed through my mind when I saw the Gunny too but than I thought "you know some people might just see this and join the cause and help support us." That is where we need to be working. Getting people to understand or side. When you think of it this web site and the others like it will offend someone. Do we change the banner like someone said? I for one sure hope not. That said if it will help alright 'SA42' but not to much further we don't want to get lost in the PC.
Happiness is a WARM beltfed.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was." Toby Keith

Live to shoot, shoot to live.

Belt-feeders does not = bottom-feeders.