Deactivated M53/MG3

Anything MG42 related.
Sturmgewehr83

Deactivated M53/MG3

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

I`m looking for a deactivated MG42 clone and I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy one? I live in Norway, Europe so it would be great to fin one here in Europe
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: Deactivated M53/MG3

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Well I hate to pass this along because the price is a bit high $895, for what you get but here is a dummy made from M53 and Mg42 parts:

http://www.mg34.com/Mg_42.html

They are a store here in the US so they should ship internationally.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

We have a number of members living in Europe. I'm sure one of them will be able to provide you with a web site. I used to have an address for a firm in England, but can't remember it right now. If I can find it I will post it.

If you can find a U.S. supplier who will ship to Europe (Is it legal to ship dummy guns to Europe?), you will save a lot of money, even with shipping costs. I recollect that the firm in England charges 2-3 times the cost here in the U.S. Of course, the dollar is way down right now, so the exchange rate may have accounted for that. But, the exchange will work in your favor if you buy from somebody in the States.

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
Sturmgewehr83

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

Thanks for the help guys!
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

A Deac M53 will cost about £350 plus shipping in the UK, here are a few sites with them:
http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/shop/deacguns.html
http://www.battleorders.co.uk/acatalog/ ... _GUNS.html
http://www.rytonarms.co.uk/shop/shop.php
you will need to scroll down the pages to find them.
The problem I expect you will have is getting someone to ship one to you. Even though it is no
longer a working gun the powers that be do seem to get a bit over excited as it is still gun shaped metal. Also each country differs in its deac spec, for example, a German deac is not legal in the UK I have asked as they are cheaper in Germany. Although I have seen UK deacs in Germany!

A dummy gun from America may not be a good idea as it could contain parts considered "naughty" on this side of the pond. Although such parts (bolts and barrels) would be banned from export anyway.

Are these not available in Norway? Maybe another Norwegian member can point you in the right direction as I think importing will be difficult if not impossible. Do you know your laws on Deac weapons, would it be legal to import a deac/dummy gun from another country?
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Sturmgewehr83

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

Just got myself a M53 for £350 in the UK :D
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

Well that confirms it then, it is just me that they wont let buy things . :roll: I try to buy 2 small pins for my L1A1 and I get told no, yet you can buy a bloody great machine gun!!!

Glad you found one though :)
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Sturmgewehr83

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

I think I had a little luck, the guy was very helpful :)
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

Just out of idle curiosity....what do they do to deactivate a Webley .45 revolver? I can see that they probably cut off the hammer nose, but anything else?

My first handgun was a Webley Mk6, when you could get them for $29.95 :shock:

Thanks,

MikeD
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

There are 2 specs on deactivation, Old spec is anything done before October 1995 and New spec which is everything after then.

An old spec revolver would have the chambers over bored, hammer filed down and the barrel over bored and welded up.

New spec is similar but the chambers are blocked up, as well as all the other stuff, preventing dummy rounds being loaded.

Both specs allow for cocking and dry firing. The deac specs vary depending on the type of firearm being deactivated.
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

longhorn109 wrote:There are 2 specs on deactivation, Old spec is anything done before October 1995 and New spec which is everything after then.

An old spec revolver would have the chambers over bored, hammer filed down and the barrel over bored and welded up.

New spec is similar but the chambers are blocked up, as well as all the other stuff, preventing dummy rounds being loaded.

Both specs allow for cocking and dry firing. The deac specs vary depending on the type of firearm being deactivated.
Gawd what a waste....thanks for the info.

MikeD
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

This is an amusing rule of the current deac specs:

New spec machine guns... AK47s, MP44 etc have the action welded solid so that nothing moves, you can fit and remove the mag and sometimes the cocking handle can move but it will not cock it.

BUT.....if it has a bipod fitted it is then classed as a Light Support Weapon and it is deactivated to old spec standard!!! Go figure!