34 drum mount

Anything MG42 related.
Michael J

34 drum mount

Post by Michael J »

Marstar has these badboys for only $115. 00 (everything included in picture). BUT they are for the mg34, anybody know if these are mountable to the M53 feedtray, or how to mount them via modifying the feedtray? These are 8mm drums by the way. Based on IMA's prices, i figured this to be a good deal, but not too sure, anyone able to let me know if this is worth it or not? Just to verify, i don't think i'll be buying these any time too soon, but they are on my "to-get" list, after i get the gun up and running. Give or take, probably buy the drums next year or so :lol: .

Found at:
http://www.marstar.ca/mg34a.htm
carlque
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: 34 drum mount

Post by carlque »

YES! they will fit the m53/mg42 as long as you have the 8mm feed tray!! Rod
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Spend the extra bucks and get the German marked ones,especially the carrier.They are getting harder to find.Of course,this depends on the price diferential. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
medved

Post by medved »

Make sure the 34 tray has the mounting tabs on the end. I have sen some for sale that do not. Otherwise they will mount the drums. Additionally some of the 34 trays for sale that I have seen have hard to see. cracks on the front of the tray so examine them carefully.
Barrel26

Post by Barrel26 »

Michael, I would'nt put this off till next year if you can afford it any time soon. At $115.00 complete, this is a good deal and may not be around this time next year.
johnnymg
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by johnnymg »

I purchased these earlier this year. "post war" the only thing post war was the paint. all three pieces were WWII coded!! :mrgreen: