jackxxx
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

mg 42 barrel bushings

Post by jackxxx »

BRP haves mg 42 barrel bushings for 75.00 and they look great :bnija:
Attachments
42nfb2.jpg
Sooner will a camel fit through the eye of a needle than discover a great man through elections.
Michael J

Re: mg 42 barrel bushings

Post by Michael J »

And i paid $150 for mine... *grumble*

These are different looking... Whats the more authentic one, my apex (wiselite) bushing, or the brp ones? As i have never seen what the real bushings look like before.
avman
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by avman »

How do these get installed? The back end needs to be cut down.
jackxxx
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jackxxx »

These are what they look like when they come off of german guns.The groove you see is were the sheet metal is clamped.The wise lite were meant to be welded in to place due to the fact most home builders do not have a way to clamp the sheet metal down.When i buy one iam going to get some round bar stock and mill out the inter dimensions and then cut it in half and clasp it around the BRP bushing then weld in to place with out welding the bushing it self. :wnana:
Sooner will a camel fit through the eye of a needle than discover a great man through elections.
jackxxx
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jackxxx »

avman wrote:How do these get installed? The back end needs to be cut down.
No No .These are just like your wise lite except they have the groove cut in them. The rears of the bushing will fit just like the wise lite :welcome:
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

jackxxx wrote:
No No .These are just like your wise lite except they have the groove cut in them. The rears of the bushing will fit just like the wise lite :welcome:
No they wont they are completly different from the wise lite ones These are a direct copy of an original ment to be sandwitched between two receiver halfs & Pressed @ the end to keep it from turning Thats why the have flats milled into them tghe weld seam completes the seal They are exact copies of originals If you would like to see an original I have one also
jackxxx
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jackxxx »

rocco1911 wrote:
jackxxx wrote:
No they wont they are completly different from the wise lite ones These are a direct copy of an original ment to be sandwitched between two receiver halfs & Pressed @ the end to keep it from turning Thats why the have flats milled into them tghe weld seam completes the seal They are exact copies of originals If you would like to see an original I have one also
When i said they are like the wislie bushings i mean the rear diramiter will fit in the reciver just like the wise lite .The question asked was if he needed to mill or cut the rear down to fit in the reciver, and yes you are right about the reciver being sandwitched around the bushing and my point was that a average home builder would have a hard time doing that.
ClarenceBoddicker

Post by ClarenceBoddicker »

Here are some pics of a few of mine. The last 2 are of one that was sold to me as a German one. It has 4 spot welds in the "neck" area, with no grinding there. The first 3 are from Yugo guns. The small rear sections are from the "Jacket Only" Sets. The front big sections are from 4 cut Sets. I think that the Yugo ones have spot welds in the "neck" area, but it's hard to tell as they are ground down flush. I hope to get some for sure German ones, if so I'll post some pics. I'm going to try to reweld the bushing, and line up the knurls to the notches in the sheet metal. I think 3 cuts & weld beads at 120 apart should work to finish the sheet metal work around the bushing. It may take 2 jacket fronts to make 1 repair, but I plan to make some Dummy Guns anyway.
Attachments
L Yugo Blued R Yugo Blued.JPG
Yugo Blued.JPG
Yugo Parkerized.JPG
German 2.JPG
German 1.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

The one in the second pic is a Yugo for sure I have one as well with the rest of the receiver it came with & its M53 marked & cerilic writting on it the Other appears to be German you can use a pipe cutter to remove the old section from the front of a Apex or similar kit & re-weld that one directly onto it real easy stuff with one of those I have one left like that
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Thanks for the info on this.

Later 42rocker
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Hey 42 rock just curios were did ya pick up that German Bushing that's Pipe cutter cut ? was it from Ed-mg34gunner?