Wise Lite Arms ROCKS!!!!

Anything MG42 related.
12thWaffenSS

Wise Lite Arms ROCKS!!!!

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Just wanted to give some major kudos to Richard C. Hamer and WiseLite Arms.

I had a M53 barrel extension break off a tab where the bolt locks in. I sent an email on Sunday and had a response by Monday morning. They'll cover it all under warranty. How awesome is that?

I'm very impressed.

Thanks again!
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Re: Wise Lite Arms ROCKS!!!!

Post by oakrodent »

Yaayyyyy! My Wise Lite broke againh!! But they will fix it.

Junk is junk, even if they are nice and quick about fixing it ! ! :puk:

How many times are you willing to send it back?

Does anybody have a M53 that runs reliabily right from the start??
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

oakrodent wrote:Yaayyyyy! My Wise Lite broke againh!! But they will fix it.

You're right. I should have never bought a gun manufactured by them. I should have saved my pennies and bought a C&R MG42 for $40,000 and done it the "correct way".
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

I heard the BRP semi's are pretty decent ?
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

oakrodent wrote: My Wise Lite broke again!! But they will fix it.

12thWaffenSS wrote:I had a M53 barrel extension break off a tab where the bolt locks in.
Oakrodent , I don't believe Wiselite is responsible for the manufacture of the barrel extension. Extensions breaking in this location was a early problem for the Germans and required a redesign to reduce this from happening. The old design extensions are still out there, I have one, still "in service", and still being recycled onto new barrels.
Now i don't know that this is a case of an old style extension or a new style extension giving out but since there is no practical way for wisellite to know a surplus extension is prone to fail, replacing it IS GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Fair criticism of wiselites design,customer service,quality,busness practices, ETC is acceptable on this forum, but criticizing them for a broken extension they are replacing isn't a knock to the company its a credit. I infer you have personal issue with wiselite or were just having a bad day maybe?

It does suck to have a broken gun though, 12thWaffenSS you need more than one barrel.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I agree-about the barrel also-that although there has been some issues with the wiselite 42/53,they have always stood behind their product.Compare it to TNW and you will see the differance.They have always said to contact them before complaining,and I know Richard Hamer monitors this site as often as possible to watch for problems and offer advise.This design had a lot of input from several members of this site that are considered very knowledgable with the 42/53.In fact,since they started with wiselite,I miss picking their brains,as it becomes proprietary.[the knowledge,not the brains] I think that the QC department should also check some of the issues we have had,especially the barrel fit.However,it would be hard to find any product that you can buy that someone doesn't have a problem with,it is just that there are not forums like this for them.We are also lucky to have folks here to help out also.As to the BRP gun,I am not as familiar with them,they also had problems at first,but seem to have figured it out.And no,I have no connection with Wiselite,although I think I would be way ahead if I had saved my money on kits and bought one all done.But where is the fun in that? :lol: The idea of opening a big box and going out and using the gun just seems.....nice! :D ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

The barrel extension they use is a surplus item…no way of knowing when that particular part is going to give up, just like any other original surplus or kit part.

Actually for as many of these guns they have made I’m surprised how few of them have had problems considering too the type of build this is (not an AK). Nice though that when they do have a problem WLA stands behind them and has great customer service.

Mine cost me $2200. That price range nowadays for a built MG42 clone with a warranty is hard to beat. I’m happy with mine :wnana: .
wizzegun

Post by wizzegun »

I recently purchase a WLA M53 and I am very happy with it. After several hundred rounds and no probs, I can't complain. Knowing that WLA has built many other firearms and had problems, I researched the crap outta their M53 builds. From what I could find, they had many more positives than negative reviews. But I also understand, like anything else (even new parts), things break or don't work the way they should. Seeing Mr Hamer on here and reading how he and WLA handled issues swayed my decision. Honestly though it didn't take much. :D
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

12thWaffenSS wrote:Just wanted to give some major kudos to Richard C. Hamer and WiseLite Arms.

I had a M53 barrel extension break off a tab where the bolt locks in. I sent an email on Sunday and had a response by Monday morning. They'll cover it all under warranty. How awesome is that?

I'm very impressed.

Thanks again!
That's GREAT, Dave! It saves me from having to sell you one of the two locking pieces I have and trying to set the headspacing up! I'm glad after all the trouble you and I had getting that gun running that they are willing to give us this support.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
bmwr12
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by bmwr12 »

oakrodent wrote:Yaayyyyy! My Wise Lite broke againh!! But they will fix it.

yes mine has always worked good. The only issue I had was that the recoil spring went bad.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Having worked on this design a bit, I would recommend having a few spare recoil springs.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

12th,

My 53 is about 2 months old...still haven't fired it yet :(

Just to try to avoid this situation...how did your part break? Were you charging the bolt and heard a snap...or locking the barrel in, etc?

How many rounds have you put through it when this happened? Trying to see how much wear and tear before you had a problem like this.
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

When I talked to BRP guy about his products, he told me that he stopped selling fully maid M53SA because people did not know how to use it. Semi auto MG42 requires IQ level higher than 100 at least to properly know how to operate it.
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

hakentt wrote:When I talked to BRP guy about his products, he told me that he stopped selling fully maid M53SA because people did not know how to use it. Semi auto MG42 requires IQ level higher than 100 at least to properly know how to operate it.
:lol: , i guess that's why he only sells semi-auto kits, if you're smart enough to assemble it properly you qualify to shoot it!

In the defense of these guys though, i think Wiselite is just having a little quality control issues right now. I know the guys at 1919a4 were pretty PO'd with their right side plates from the group buy (warped, porosity/badly welded, drilled and pinned, etc) and are refusing refunds based on people's responces...

I can only speculate, but i'd give them the benefit of doubt right now and say they are trying to speed up production, with the repercussions of errors like this :? . Perhaps an act of desperation to stay financially afloat?
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

http://1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25756

I don't got any beef with WLA, not sure if you guys browse the 1919a4 board, but i know for sure you guys have a membership here. You got a large chunk of people unsatisfied with their product, i think you guys should get online and at least try some damage control over there. You are going to lose a LOT of customers unless one of you can clear this up with the group buy members directly... Not to mention many of the 1919a4 members are also members here. It's like a 2 for 1 deal, get one crowd mad, and you lose both.

The original thread regarding the member in charge of the group buy was deleted for some reason. So whatever reason you gave him to tell the other customers is no longer available to be read. Which only leaves room fgor further speculation and harsh rumors to be born.

Just thought i'd give you a heads up.
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

hakentt wrote:When I talked to BRP guy about his products, he told me that he stopped selling fully maid M53SA because people did not know how to use it. Semi auto MG42 requires IQ level higher than 100 at least to properly know how to operate it.
I can't argue with BRP in that regard. Having built several AK’s and FAL's successfully I can say that these MG42/M53 based semi-auto conversions are not for the novice gun owner IMO. Much like a muscle car, they do take a certain degree of knowledge on the part of their owners and more care than usual to operate successfully. This is why too I have so much respect for many of the members here that can build their own MG42’s and M53’s.

Having said that, if someone takes the time to learn and has a decent amount of operating skills, these guns are about the coolest thing that goes boom. I've had a couple hick-ups along the way with my WLA M53 (mostly my own fault), but I have to say it's the coolest gun I own and the most satisfying to shoot...it always make me grin when I rip off a belt, which is what it's all about :mrgreen: .
Seabee

Post by Seabee »

The problem with the charging handle lug breaking off the bolt has been addressed and generally does not occur any more. The material used for the lug and the type of welding being used at that time were not working together. Usually if one of the lugs breaks off, it is an earlier model that hadn't been used and abused just yet.

If your WLA 42/53 doesn't quite look like your buddy's, it has probably had one of the upgrades improving reliability. WLA stands behind its product and is always looking for feedback about its products (good or bad.)