Heads up guys

Anything MG42 related.
rocco1911

Heads up guys

Post by rocco1911 »

Hey guy's just wanted to pass along some info seems Centerfire is selling tripods Check it out...

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/TRIPOD-GER.aspx

Thought this mite help out anyone looking for one..... :mrgreen:
fourfifths1911

Re: Heads up guys

Post by fourfifths1911 »

are these the same as ww2 ones
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

No, but they are close. They do fit the MG-42. To make them exactly like the WWII version, you need to make a new mounting bracket at the top. There may be a couple other small changes, but that's the major visible one. Anyone have some pictures or diagrams of the WWII A tripod to show the differences ?
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Thanks roco1911. I've been looking for one and that is by far the best price. Just ordered one. You saved me around $90. Thanks Again..............Rupert
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Glad I could help out that was my intention... :mrgreen:
wizzegun

Post by wizzegun »

Thanks I got one coming!
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

wizzegun wrote:Thanks I got one coming!
Sweet let us know how they look when you get it.... :D
wizzegun

Post by wizzegun »

here is a pic of my AA tripod from Centerfire. It's in pretty good chape. One of the buckles on the strap is smashed but hey it's surplus. :)
Attachments
PICT0252.JPG
FMF

Post by FMF »

hanks , I sent for one
FMF

Post by FMF »

I mean Thanks
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Cool tripod.

I got mine a couple weeks back...just hooked it up last weekend...really happy with it...great accessory...well worth it!
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

These make shooting the semi a joy as you dont have to crawl around on the ground with the bipod its alot nicer for us guys that are in the desert the ground gets awful hot ... :mrgreen:

When shooting a FA gun you need to really weight it down or it will rise up on ya... :?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Well mine came in today. Nice shape with only a few scrapes to the paint. Looks used not abused. Strap was in perfect condition. Their site now shows they are 'Sold Out'. Thanks for the heads up roco1911...Rupert
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

The Germans used to hang full ammo cans from the hook in the center for weight,I have some pics here somewhere.The AA tripod is also fun to spread the legs and lower as far as possible,nice to shoot from that way,and you get a good range of motion.That Rocco,for someone so useless,he sure is usefull! :lol: :lol: :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert