Anything MG42 related.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

The Skinny on a Phat deal, maybe

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Hey guys here is the link:
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=103369

Centerfire’s M53 parts kits are in country.

YOU DID NOT HEAR THIS FROM ME, when calling to follow up with their reply to me on the AK forum, I promised I would not tell anyone :D (with fingers crossed) but the above link is an answer to a question I asked Centerfire’s contact about the M53 kits, which I have been asking about for what seems like nearly two years. Since AK guys have access to this info, then this community should be privy to it. :)

Give Centerfire about 2 weeks to sort through them, they will break them down by barrel grade. They will start to sell them NO SOONER than August 1, he said, “prices will not be the $199, but pretty cheap, cheaper than what others are selling them for.” So who knows? :?

He asked that he not be hit with a bunch of phone calls/questions because they have yet to go through them.

Now that many here have operational 42/53s these could be bought as genuine parts kits for back up parts, Noonxnoon was thinking of getting some spares for his WLA 53, well depending on the price the Centerfire ones may be the way to go.

Obviously I would suggest holding off on buying any parts until you see how cheap these kits go for, I had seen 3 Yugo 8mm barrels at a local gun show up to $200 each and they sold within the first hour :shock:
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
rocco1911

Re: The Skinny on a Phat deal, maybe

Post by rocco1911 »

When I go the the link above it says no post found it wont work ?
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Hey Prussia,

THanks for the headsup...I want a part kit...but sucks to have to pay 440-500+ for a 'recent' Yugo kit!

I tried to go to the link...but it requires a login.

I take it Rocco you loged in and got the message?
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

For sure in order for the link to work, you would have to take a couple of minutes and sign up to be a member, it is a great site for AK info, but essentially that exact link is only the response of Magnus at Centerfire system to one of my questions, more information is given in my above post here, which I found out when I called them anyway.

There are over 25 pallets of M53 parts kits, how high they stack a pallet is anyone's guess????

Also if you are wondering about how much of a receiver would be included, good question, I tried asking and he said, again they do not know yet, the owner just went to begin going through them.

Price is still the question...............
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

Franz 1796
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by Franz 1796 »

I was on the waiting list started for these kits 2 years ago. I'm sure the list is long gone by now as is the price they had offered back then.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I'm a member over there have been for some time I still got nothing :?

but I was on the list from 2 years ago as well they were supposed to be like $199 or something & the picture was witth the rear receiver same thing IO did about 2 years ago & they never materialized I think IO said theres were 6 months out 2 years ago as well ... wonder if these are those same kits ????
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

I joked with Magnus about the $199, he said not to expect that price but they are supposed to be better priced than anyone else. I guess it is all relative, but I cannot believe they would have the rear receiver pieces like the small lot of IO ones were supposed to in late ‘08 early ‘09.

Had these made it here last year when 42/53 prices were still white-hot it would have been interesting, now prices have come down quite a bit on parts kits on GB even with receiver pieces. Hopefully they will price them fair and they will sell :D

flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Yeah the prices are down but no one is buying :(
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Maybe the Indians (in India) that took our service jobs and the Chinese and Mexicans that now have our manufacturing jobs can buy them :shock: :( :( :puk: