Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Re: New Batch of M-53 Kits at Centerfire

Post by masterangler-01 »

I ordered just the barrel for $200.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

masterangler-01 wrote:I ordered just the barrel for $200.

Let us now how it looks down the barrel :? And if you think its worth the money...
EnfieldEd

Post by EnfieldEd »

I was thinking of getting another barrel but $200 seems like alot to me.

The one that came with my M53 is perfect and bright, maybe I should buy a worse one for just blowing through ammo and keep my original clean and new.

+1 please post condition when you get it.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

EnfieldEd wrote:I was thinking of getting another barrel but $200 seems like alot to me.

The one that came with my M53 is perfect and bright, maybe I should buy a worse one for just blowing through ammo and keep my original clean and new.

+1 please post condition when you get it.

It's always good to have a blaster barrel :mrgreen:
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

My two kits came today, I ordered them w/o the barrels, as I had four extras lying around. These are typical Yugo, but they are cut back pretty far which is nice! No welding and trying to rebuild the cam area, just a simple weld to my IMA MG42 receivers with a little shim built into one, and about an inch off of an old wiselite repair section to fill the other one. Chris....
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Chris, thanks for the info on the camming area, looks like the guys that stocked up on the IMA rears before they ran out did well 8)
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

Just to give a little more clear "picture" these are cut behind the front rivet hole, and the hole for the recuperator bolt. Nice cuts, I'm glad I picked up a couple.... Chris...
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

How about some pics of the cut areas? [(O)]

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
masterangler-01
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by masterangler-01 »

I think it was well worth the money compared to getting crap barrels to piece together from apex, and ends from RTG. Deffinately worth the money! I would buy more but as some may know, I can't get my 42 running so will have to stick the money into getting it running some how.
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

These are the same M53 part kits that have been available.
They were setting in the warehouse until sold to CFS.
We draw from the same lot for the part sets from which we build the semi-auto M53's.
There are two types of de-mil cuts to be found.
No telling which type you would receive when ordering.

APEX still carries the WLA semi-auto parts.
I still can shake loose a semi-auto receiver if asked...

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer
Factory Representative
Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
FAX: (940) 433-8096
SALES: sales@wlarms.com
INFORMATION: info@wlarms.com
gearlogo
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by gearlogo »

You did the right thing. You not only got a blasting barrel, you got a working chamber/locking area piece. In a few years we will see new barrels for sale that have used rear locking areas.

Franz 1796 wrote:Kit came in. All the parts are there as expected. Ordered a barrel with dark bore and that's exactly what I received. Cleaned up well with WD-40 - still some pitting as would be expected, but rifling is present and the barrel easily passes the bullet test. Bought it for a cheap blasting barrel. Plan on putting some rounds thru this barrel soon to see how well it performs.
FMF

Post by FMF »

I got My parts Yesterday, everything was there , the barrel shroud was not cut to short, plenty of metal left to work with , but I realy just needed it for some parts
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

FMF wrote:I got My parts Yesterday, everything was there , the barrel shroud was not cut to short, plenty of metal left to work with , but I realy just needed it for some parts
Sooo if all you need is parts want to sell the shroud ????
FMF

Post by FMF »

I think I will keep the shroud , it is temting me to build another