New Batch of M-53 Kits at Centerfire

Anything MG42 related.
Franz 1796
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

New Batch of M-53 Kits at Centerfire

Post by Franz 1796 »

Centerfire just listed a new batch of Yugo M-53 parts kits for those interested in another kit or spare parts. The barrel is optional with several barrel grades available at different pricing levels.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/m538mm ... t-m53.aspx
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: New Batch of M-53 Kits at Centerfire

Post by hakentt »

I had bad luck with them. When they advertise something "bright and shinny", there is a high probability that you would get dark bore barrel.
Franz 1796
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by Franz 1796 »

Kit came in. All the parts are there as expected. Ordered a barrel with dark bore and that's exactly what I received. Cleaned up well with WD-40 - still some pitting as would be expected, but rifling is present and the barrel easily passes the bullet test. Bought it for a cheap blasting barrel. Plan on putting some rounds thru this barrel soon to see how well it performs.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

can you post some pix? Im curious to see how the shroud was cut
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Thanks for the review, how do the rest of the M53 parts look? I am sure they are coated in cosmo, but any obvious pitting or missing parts?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

Does Bipod come in the kit?
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

ALSO, DO THESE INCLUDE THE FRONT SHROUD SECTION? THANKS, CHRIS..
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

I am curious if these are supplied with an original bi-pod or a new made one that is packed in its own bag.
Other than that these should be the same de-mil as the other M53's that came in.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer
Factory Representative
Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
FAX: (940) 433-8096
SALES: sales@wlarms.com
INFORMATION: info@wlarms.com
Yesterday 04:08 PM
Franz 1796
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by Franz 1796 »

Didn't see any pitting on the parts and yes they are coated in cosmo. The kit came with an original bipod. Shipped loose, but shows use and finish wear on the edges so it's not newly made. The front shroud is included with the treads on the front end torched off and the back end torched off after the barrel removal door.

Kit came with a front sight with a flip up night sight. I haven't seen one like that before and it's similar to a Yugo SKS setup except it has a push button to lock the night sight in place.
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

I've heard of the night sights, but never seen one before, mind posting a picture of the setup? Sounds interesting... :)
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I need to switch computors I have several with night sites front & rear & they Glow in the Dark.... :shock: Spooky.... :lol:
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

OK I got my Laptop with the Pictures on it & here ya go Night Sites for the MG42/53 ala rocco .... :lol:
Attachments
GEDC0136.JPG
GEDC0135.JPG
GEDC0134.JPG
Last edited by rocco1911 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I also have the rear site as well its a Flip down just like the front... 8)
Attachments
GEDC0142.JPG
GEDC0139.JPG
GEDC0138.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Two more pics of the rear site ... Hope this is what you were looking for... :mrgreen:
Attachments
GEDC0144.JPG
GEDC0143.JPG
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

rocco1911 again bragging about having things that nobody else has. Well I got those night flip up sights too, they come on late production M53, 1970+.

But I got something that rocco1911 does not have and I will brag about it. I got 1971 official yugo army field manual for M53 with 263 pages, all about M53. There are no more comprehensive books made for MG42/M53 gun than this one. It is writen in serbo-croatian language and I scanned the book with PDF letter recognition and with another software I am able to translate the while book. Now I don't have to read evil nazi books to know about these guns, I can now read real freedom book writen by my comrades, LOL. I scanned few pages this is how it looks:

click on link to see big image:

http://www.photodump.org/stored29/pravilom53slika1.jpg

http://www.photodump.org/stored29/pravilom53slika2.jpg
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I'm not bragging about anything Mike J asked to see pictures of these sites & I posted them You apparently are stalking me & my posts on this site once again/

I dont come to this site to be harrased by you I post here to help others if I can & to enjoy the company of other mg42 devotes not to be trolled with your negative comments about me I find this offensive & am notating it to the Mods Officialy .....Complaint filed :swear:
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Rocco, thank you :D , i saw a picture of the flip up rear in a book, but i have never seen the front ones before! I'll trade you my normal ones and a partially used hamburger for yours :lol: ;).
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I saw no claims like that by Rocco,I only saw helpful photos.If you have a problem with Rocco,I would suggest you settle it somewhere else-like Phoenix maybe.There will be NO MORE comments like this tolerated here.I am starting to get pissed off.That is not good. Final word on the subject.The end. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
masterangler-01
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by masterangler-01 »

I ordered a bright and shiney barrel. ANd that was exactly what I got. Almost pristine.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Did you get it with a Kit or just the barrel cause I noticed they charge less for the barrels if ya buy a kit as well makes it almost worth it when you consider what mg42 barrels were going for just 2 months ago...

last I saw they were selling @ around $200.00 each for good condition ones ... so centerfires prices are quite good @ the present time ... 8)