Anything MG42 related.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

BOOKS and more BOOKS

Post by 42rocker »

jbaum ,,, your the man
Received a FINE group of books from you yesterday and was up most of the night reading....
If you need great books to learn more about your mg42 or m53 or mg34 check out jbaum's website

http://www.germanmanuals.com/manuals.html

Also picked up a copy of Mg34 Mg42 by Folke Myrvary.. Also a good book, lots of pics and a lot of info on the weapons before and after the mg34 and mg42.. But if your looking for books on how the mg42 works see jbaum. Can't wait to get jbaum's mg34 books...

Later 42rocker
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: BOOKS and more BOOKS

Post by resting »

I just got one of JBaum's mg34 books last week, the Butz volume. It is full of great detailed info. Also got D124/2 on the M.G. Lafette 34. Also well done.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Flattery will only make me smile. tee hee.

Glad you like the manuals. For those with interest, the MG08 sled manual is done, and I'm working on a 1943 Reibert book (about 500 pages).

John
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Buying more books from him will only make him smile more. To avoid an ecstacy explosion (ewww!), limit your purchases to one book per week, please.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

But if you buy large groups of books from him ALL at one time (as stated on his website) he will work with you on the price.... And SAVING money during this time period, gives one more money for ammo.... Also he will just smile MORE and MORE....... And hopefully keep jbaum working late at night buying and translating more books for us to buy....

Something that I must state however THE PICTURES are GREAT.... Not the normal bad copies that you see in reprinted manuels but this look like the orignal pics... Great reprint work there, jbaum....

Has anyone seen a book that JUST covers the marking and the codes on just the 34 and 42??? I have the great book on German Manufacturing Codes to 1945 - This book was written by Michael Heidler. However there are still markings that are not listed in his book.. And it would be nice just to have something on just the mg34 and mg42.. Yes, I know there are some of the listings in the mg34 and mg42 book by Folke Myrvary.. But still looking for info on a few more marks... I'll try to post a few pics in November..

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures.

You have no idea how much time I spent in Photoshop to learn the tricks for scanning the original dithered (printed with dots of varying sizes) pictures and turning them into actual grayscale photos that don't get the checkerboard pattern when printed. I take care of over 300 computers for a living (real job), and have worked with Photoshop since version 3, many years ago. That, plus my experience working for a printshop has helped make the pictures sometimes even better than the originals.

ewww. my hat just got tight (swelled head). hahahahahahah
Last edited by JBaum on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

jbaum wrote:Flattery will only make me smile. tee hee.

Glad you like the manuals. For those with interest, the MG08 sled manual is done, and I'm working on a 1943 Reibert book (about 500 pages).

John
Ok, gotta have the Sled manual, where is it on your website???

Glen :D
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Look in "Other Machineguns" 5th manual down from that header. "MG08 Shooting Stands"

:)

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

jbaum
I thought that there were only 3 programs when it came down to working with pictures...

1st photoshop ver.. whatever

2nd vueprint

3rd all the others that try to do the first 2..... I only have time to learn the first 2....

GREAT PICS in the German books.....

Later 42rocker