Ooh, genuine Lafette straps!

Tommygunn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Ooh, genuine Lafette straps!

Post by Tommygunn »

Email notified me something Lafette related was going on and it threw up these beauties.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321121260190? ... 1438.l2649

Wow, a deal at any high price!

I've reported it.

Tom.
Blanksguy
General
General

Re: Ooh, genuine Lafette straps!

Post by Blanksguy »

Tom,
"Post-War" manufactured..........I believe that they were manufactured in Post-War Yugoslavia.

Regards, RichardS (temp. in TX).
Blanksguy2001
US Army, Retired.
Tommygunn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Tommygunn »

Richard,
You didn't read my, 'I've reported it' at the bottom? Sorry, irony doesn't always transmit well in type and I should have used an emoticon or something.

Anyway, as you say, a post war, Yugo manufacture, so unless the guy is clueless then a blatent fraud.

Tom.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

It started at the Ooh part for me and then finished at the reported part.
They just did not look right to me either. Glad you said something as this stuff needs to be nipped in the bud.

Did see a real set at Knob Creek for $400 (if I remember right). Funny story going with that. Was at my friends booth where I had bought the mg34 mountain lafette the year before and was talking to him and he said that he had another mg34 lafette on the other side. So went around to look, don't need another but always look trying to learn. As I got there someone else was making sure that I did not get to near the tripod as he was trying to get the dealers attention. After getting his attention he asked if the lafette at that price included the optics? Being the nice fellow that I am I pointed out that the price was for the set of leather straps the were setting on top of the mg34 lafette. $400. Well the dealer said no and off this fellow went asap into the crowd. Wanted to know if at $400. the mg34 lafette had the optics. Ok. Optics or not everyone on this board would be a buyer, I think.

If you have an interest in the straps at that price I know the dealer.

Later 42rocker
Tommygunn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Tommygunn »

Interested, yes, but not at the moment as the pocket will not allow. I'll keep it in mind though.

I sent the guy a polite message just to say what he actually had and he has changed the description.

Tom.