I think I found Bil's purse . . . comments?

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

I think I found Bil's purse . . . comments?

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Anyone know what this case was used for? I'm looking for a German motorcycle rider's dispatch case. THe marking on this case looks too fresh. Maybe this item is Bil's purse. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=019
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: I think I found Bil's purse . . . comments?

Post by www.Prussia.us »

"It's not a purse it's European" (Seinfeld)
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Bil likes bright pink . . . not black :D

That's a nice item, whatever it is. Would work nicely in my feld impression, too. As far as the M/C cases, I've never seen a motorcyclists dispatch case. Did they have a special one?

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Garry is right-wrong color,although I do like the little lipstick holders!DA-are you looking for a dispatch case worn across the chest,or the saddlebag type? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

That bag looks like the MG08 gunner pouch, almost the same as the MG42 tool pouch, but not quite identical. The MG08 was still in use till the end of the war by rear troops and police.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

Could be either Post-WWI MG-08 (?)......but after collection MG-08 for quite a few years I tend to believe that it is the Gunner's Spare-Parts-Pouch for the MG-15. Just doesn't look like enough room for a spare-"Lock" or the Booster-Wrench. ("The Devil's Paint Brush" by Dolf Goldsmith.).

Try looking at the photos/drawings on IMA's web-page to see if it matches up for construction.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

It doesn't look like the MG15 pouch in the MG15 manual.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

Hi John,
I don't have an MG-15 manual (nor MG-15), just went by recollection of IMA's ad of several weeks ago about their "wallet" for tools/spare-parts for the MG-15.

By looking at the interior......it has a holder for a "flat-style" AA-Sight.....but not enough room for the MG08/15 spare-lock....or the Booster-Wrench that has a Hammer on the other end.

Has anyone looked at the MG-13 series of German MGs that were used during the war....or possible something on the line of the ZB26 or ZB30 (?).

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Bil wrote:Garry is right-wrong color,although I do like the little lipstick holders!DA-are you looking for a dispatch case worn across the chest,or the saddlebag type? ---bil
Just looking for a motorcycle rider's dispatch case to wear on the uniform and to go with my DKW motorcycle. I know nothing about what motorcycle dispatch riders typically used. If you have any ideas, please let me know.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Use that purse thingy you wear over your 'parts' from the Roman uniform-that thing looks usefull!! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Yep... Proof that Bil's still fixated on my Roman outfit... You need professional help, Bil. :mrgreen:

Anyone know about equipment that German motorcyucle riders used? Throw me a bone here.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I know that they had a sort of rubberised full-length trenchcoat that was split front and back,with buttons to make it into a sort of pants on the bottom.I have a pic somewhere,I will look .It may also have the dispatch case.Although a dispatch rider using your bike would have more use with a lunchbox-the war would be over before they got there! :lol: [Actually-I really like the bike!] ---bil