German WW2 boxes and crates website

Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

German WW2 boxes and crates website

Post by Der Alder »

Hey all, I found a site that has a lot of pictures of different types of German WW2 ammo crates for those interested on building replicas or collecting. It is a French site so I can't read all that is being said, but the pics pretty much speak for themselves. The photos give you an idea of the types of construction, latches, hinges and fonts/markings used.

http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: German WW2 boxes and crates website

Post by Bil »

They don't know anything!!! :( Not even ONE MG34 or 42 wooden transit case!! Sure,they have every other case or box the germans ever built..... :lol:
Very nice,thanks for the link.Who would have thought there would be a site devoted to this stuff?? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

I know...that was the first thing I looked for :(

I wish they'd show the inside of some of those crates as well. Those panzershreck and panzerfaust crates looked like a possible interesting replica project.

Check out too the grenade boxes with SS markings. I never knew they marked any crates like that. 8)

I cant vouch for the authenticity of anything there, but if correct it sure is interesting.
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

Oops -spoke too soon. I guess you can see the insides of them if you click on the lower left "details" button on each. :mrgreen: