who would you like to see added to the Review List

Do you want to write a review of a seller?
drooling idiot
General
General

who would you like to see added to the Review List

Post by drooling idiot »

well the title says it all.

who would you guys like to see added to the list of vendors and/or "salesmen" .

I'm thinking of adding so far
  • 1) Pananceabeachbum
    2) Weaponeer
    3) Blanksguy
    4) TomR
    5) Bergman

who else ?

how much or how often would someone have to sell to be put on the vendors review board ?

do you think its a good thing for a vendor to be on the board ?

Am i wasting my time building this section ?

Some feedback guys PLEASE
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

put me up and remember to put a vote for total ahole and I hate him :mrgreen:
Last edited by TOM R on Wed May 24, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

drooling idiot,
With only a "one-time" DEMILed receiver listing that had the thread locked......would this mean that I could then advertise and sell "Blank-Ammunition" for reenactors in all of the different calibers that I make such as:

.45 ACP SMG and Pistol.
9mm SMG and Pistol.
30/06 for M1 Garands and a second loading for BARs, and 1919 series.
8x57mm for K98/G43/K43/MG34 and MG42.
7.62x25mm for PPSh-41 and PPS-43.
.30 Cal. Carbine
...and others.

...also, as a "standard" "supplier"/"Vendor".....would I need a photo for these? (I do not own a digital camera yet)......I do not have a web-page but just deal directly through my e-mail address:

Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net

And last.....how many times would an individual seller of one or two items be allowed to sell prior to being clasified as a "Vendor"?

Thanks, RichardS.
PS: You can add me to the list of "The Usual Suspects".
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

Blanksguy wrote: how many times would an individual seller of one or two items be allowed to sell prior to being classified as a "Vendor"?
well thats the question isn't it. As this section is new and it doesn't have any formal rules yet I'm looking for input from the members.

To be honest your name is only on the list because I've seen what seems like dozens of WTS posts by you in every thread dealing with receivers lately and you were on my mind as i was thinking out loud.
Blanksguy wrote: I could then advertise and sell "Blank-Ammunition" for reenactors in all of the different calibers that I make
I see no reason why you can't advertise them and sell them now . obviously we would not require a picture of each round offered for sale and a representative photo would be acceptable.
If you like send me 1 of each and i will take the pictures for you.

The vendor review section is a concept of trying to let our members inform each other about vendors they've dealt with to protect each other from getting ripped off .

It is not an endorsement or condemnation of any one, by the forum managers.
It is strictly individual members opinions.
Blanksguy wrote:as a "standard" "supplier"/"Vendor".....would I need a photo for these?
all forum rules still apply. being on the vendor review section grants NO SPECIAL PRIVILEGES . It just gives you the opportunity to have your reputation built by other members here, for good or bad. :burn:

As far as differentiating between a " VENDOR " and a " SELLER " theres no way we could require a company like Inter-Ordinance to abide by our rules.

there has been some talk in chat about what conditions the forum may want to require of a seller or individual member selling here. there was talk of a required inspection period . nothing has come of it yet .

I'd think that if your buying on the INTERNET from someone you don't know you'd at least have the sense to only buy from a guy whose been on this forum for a while and had an interest in a good reputation here.
Last edited by drooling idiot on Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

drooling idiot,
Thanks.....I have been making/selling "Blanks" to reenactors since about 1988 (about 17-18 years now).....I don't have a "web-page".....but again.....deal directly through my e-mail address. I don't believe that you will find anyone from the last 17-18 years that has ever been ripped-off........maybe a couple that got "mad" that I didn't mail an item as fast as they wanted due to "checks" require 10-days to clear the Bank".(.....not me....just the Bank I use).

I have been very active over on the WW2-Reenactors web-pages...mostly under thw weapons sections helping reenactors correct weapon-challenges in "Blank-Adapting" over at:
http://www.ww2reenactors.proboards35.com
......also an active buyer over on E-Bay.......still haven't figured out the photo thing and how to sell yet.

I guess you have been seeing my "same-comments" about WTS MG42 DEMILed receivers in various threads......as I still do not have a digital-camera......but figured why not add that in as a "comment" (....not an "ad")...until I can get this camera thing figured out.

But heck.....you can list me.......I use the same E-mail name/address on all of the "Boards"....not like some people who like to change names/addresses so people don't know who they are. (Like you are talking to different people? ......right.).

Be safe, RichardS.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
PS: Just listed some MG34 Blank-Adapting information up in the MG34 section for anyone interested. Let me know if they want more.

Also........possible you need something for both sides of the selling/buying issues?.........(IE: Checks take time to clear......... constant e-mails take vendors away from work......... shipping address need to be street-address as UPS-"Brown" does not deliver to PO Boxes........3-day inspection always sounds good to me.........but I did have one young man try to switch blanks on me one time.). Maybe some input from "sellers"?

Last question: Will there be an area for sellers to read about "buyers" to stay away from for sales? Always two-sides to every story....correct?
mgfun
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

UPS

Post by mgfun »

I'd like to have UPS reviewed as a seller of shipping services to the members. I live in a kommie stat and UPS in my area at least won't ship anything with the word gun in it except next day air, and they think that is doing you a favor. For bulk parts and heavy objects, this is virtually a ban, its so expensive. None of this is driven by the law itself, so it's a vendor imposed ban and others should know this.
Regards,
mgfun
mgfun
Fal4Fun

Post by Fal4Fun »

I would like to see one for Millitary Gun Supply. Anybody had any luck or bad luck with them. i am looking to get a BREN from them and they seem to care less when i ask questions.
http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop/
Chad
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

Well, don't bother putting me down for the demilled receiver I just listed, but here are a few:

AIM Surplus
IMA
Festungsmilitaria (Damien Horns site)
J&G Sales
Cole Distributing
Century International Arms (home of the angry beavers)
Southern Ohio Guns (SOG)

All of these are well known gun sales places...or otrher
Last edited by Reichpapers on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

looks like i got some work ahead of me .... unless Reichpapers wants to jump in with a few reviews. :mrgreen:

should add Florida gun works to the list as well.

to be honest i didn't think anyone used this section much

Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

There needs to be a review for IMA
Der Stahlhelm

Post by Der Stahlhelm »

IMA

Ordered MP44 parts on Thursday afternoon.....just arrived at the door...Tuesday morning!
Very profesional job!
Farmer Mike

Re: who would you like to see added to the Review List

Post by Farmer Mike »

[quote="drooling idiot"]well the title says it all.

who would you guys like to see added to the list of vendors and/or "salesmen" .

I'm thinking of adding so far
  • 1) Pananceabeachbum
    2) Weaponeer
    3) Blanksguy
    4) TomR
    5) Bergman

I'd like to see some reviews on Panaceabeachbum. I was thinking of having him do my bolt conversion. Some reviews on him would be reassuring before plopping down my loot and sending my bolt.
Karbinator

Re: who would you like to see added to the Review List

Post by Karbinator »

Farmer Mike wrote:I'd like to see some reviews on Panaceabeachbum. I was thinking of having him do my bolt conversion. Some reviews on him would be reassuring before plopping down my loot and sending my bolt.
Your loot will be well spent on Pbums items. I'm sure many will testify to this for you.
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

COLDSTEEL SOLUTIONS

Post by SHARPSSHOOTER5090 »

His products (COLDSTEEL SOLUTIONS) are good but his attitude, delivery and customer service stink. Erase the following: "HE PRODUCTS ARE GOOD BUT HIS ATTITUDE DELEIVERY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE STINK" and read only the upper and lower case text.

This is not in referance to Beachbum.[/code]
Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

maybe he felt like he was always being yelled at when he read your e-mails :shock: .
that could have been part of the problem. ;)

FYI - have heard before that using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considered yelling and quite rude ? GTS

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Sharpssooter-please clarify your statement-in the post above yours,Karbinator is refering to beachbum,in your title it says "cold steel',? Are you refering to cold steel or beachbum,or are they the same thing? I am confused! :roll: :shock: :?: Thanks. ---bil ps-di-i just saw your post laughed my a-- off-great likes think a mind!! :-P
Last edited by Bil on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

cold steel not Beachbum

i was refering to cold steel not Beachbum. sorry for the confusion.

i will try to use both uppercase and lowercase in my postings but it is going to slow down my typing a lot.
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

thank you for the clarification.i liked it when you used only upper case .i could tell it was you and it always looked like you were yelling!. :D ---bil
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

CAPITAL LETTERS

Maybe I was yelling. My wife is always telling me how rude I am.
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

You type to your wife?! That IS rude! :shock: ---bil