Kar 98k BNZ 42 worth $345.00?

MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Kar 98k BNZ 42 worth $345.00?

Post by MCP »

Recently seen a K98k Russian capture matching receiver and stock, all other parts electric pencil SN. The serial number on the stock looks like it was sanded down heavy as it looked somewhat dished, but is stamped with same receiver SN. It has the typical real black/blue on the metal parts and varnished stock. I thought that I saw SIG stamped on teh barrel also.

I wasn't able to check out the bore, but overall it looked OK.

What are you thoughts?
Thanks!
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

I think its overpriced. I still see RC 98k rifles at gunshows for about $100 less than what this one is priced at.
Dont be fooled by the stock having the same SN stamped into the wood. They force match the stocks. About the only thing you will find matching on a RC 98k is the receiver and barrel. The rest of the parts were picked from a pile of rearsenaled parts and assembled on a rearsenaled barrel/receiver.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

A RC k98 with intact (unpeened) swastikas on the waffenampts, a decent varnished stock that isn't sanded into an amorphous blob, evenly dark rebluing, and very good bore goes for about $300.00 around here. Most often the bolt handle SN was been ground off, and all parts are mismatching. They still clean up very well. I have five of them and would sell one or two off for at least $350 each plus shipping since I bought cleaning rods, capture screws, repro slings, and front sight hoods for all of them. You gotta factor in the cost of the accesories added and the time and products used to clean them up. Aside from a couple rifles that have some grey stains permanently in the wood at the wrist and around the bottom of the butt, they look darn nice. Most have waffenamt eagle stamps and "H" (Heer) stamps still visible on the butt. All of mine have coppery brown ejectors on the bolts (original heat treament colour) that have not been reblued to black. Many typically are.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

K98

Post by Bil »

Darivs--Guten Morgen,Herr Mojor;If you are interested in selling one that could be used for re-enactments at a price around there,let me know.Auf wiedersehn. bil