New Site Software.

Anything MG42 related.
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

New Site Software.

Post by salt6 »

Well, it's finally here. The new site software is installed and running. Still some tweaking to do but everything is here.

salt
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
drooling idiot
General
General

Re: New Site Software.

Post by drooling idiot »

i hope it starts to look more like the "old" site soon .
this version right now looks too " off the shelf " .
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

drooling idiot wrote:i hope it starts to look more like the "old" site soon .
this version right now looks too " off the shelf " .
Good job salt!

But I would have to agree with Drooling. It's veryyyyy bright. Like looking at the sun. Hurts my eyes. I guess I will have to wear shades. 8)

Also, any yellow colored text that are in the stickies dont show up well.

TC
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

Oh the pain Salt :) When Cetmerifles.com got hacked, we started completely over with militaryfirearm.com. Its an extreme pain to start over :)

Good Luck!

Chris
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

I go out for an hour and the decorators have been in :!: Arrgh everthing is on the wrong side of my screen.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
wilfx
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by wilfx »

Yikes! Where are my sunglasses? Looks good.definately going to take some getting used to.
propos

Post by propos »

Wow, what happened?
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I'm not so sure about this.Is there a place that says how many posts since I was on,and can I view om
nly these?I can't enen type right with the new hardware.Seriously,I just got back home,and thought something was wrong with my computer.It looks a lot like the Republican forum.I don't like new stuff much-the newest car I have is 1970. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

Guys, guys, calm down! I'll change the apperance to the old style. Just give me some time.

GTS

salt
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

Salt,

Thanks alot for all you do. I too remember like M1Tanker when the Cetme forum went down and that whole transfer. I just havnt been on the new Cetme forum since.

Although M1Tanker.......The old forum is back up! Its weird though. Check it out.

Anyway, Thanks for the update and keeping everything going.....but I too will look forward to the black background and familiar face of the original.

RR

P.s. Welcome home BIL..
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

:crash:
mr. wipple

Post by mr. wipple »

I don't feel right visiting this site. It is very confusing. It will just take some time to get used to.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

It is sort of strange-but I am getting used to it.If it makes it easier on Salts end,then I can deal with it.I can't seem to find the chat section,but I like playing around with the colors[they finally took my crayons-too sharp!]And thank you,RR,it is good to be back. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

No CHAT? :shock: Guess I'm out of a job . . .
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

*I see a window, and I want to paint it black...* :lol:

Seriously, Salt, thank you for all the work you do in keeping this place going for us. The new software is an upgrade and we can be patient while you get the graphics dialed in. Does this new software allow an option for embedding youtube videos?
Keep Up The Fire

Post by Keep Up The Fire »

My thoughts with everyone else, just something new and old farts like me, it was a shock when I went to the board ,just can not think out of the box sometimes but I know it will be for the good of all!! Keep up the good work Salt.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

I like the older look. Dark and gloomy like early morning on the Normandy coast in early June. :lol:

This isn't bad though.
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

Keep Up The Fire wrote:My thoughts with everyone else, just something new and old farts like me, it was a shock when I went to the board ,just can not think out of the box sometimes but I know it will be for the good of all!! Keep up the good work Salt.
I tried thinking out of the box once. Didn't work too well for me either. So I finally gave in and just used my pocketknife... :lol:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

With no chat,how will DA be able to insult Tom?Or the rest of us? And to think he calls that a job! :? ---bil
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

DA-you are back in business-the little box for chat is in the upper left,says'flash chat'.The chat part is ok,but if there is going to be any flashing going on,I'm out of here! :shock: ---bil