Star Wars a new consumer - maybe...

MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Star Wars a new consumer - maybe...

Post by MCP »

Remember the original Star Wars with the storm troopers using "exotic space weapons?" Well if you go to http://www.tk409.com/tk409.html this guy made a MG-15 with PVC, plastic and metal. I'm sure the price of a real MG-15 will put it out of reach of these guys, but you never know.

I need a flash hider/cone for a .303 MKII BMG and found one on evilbay a few years ago. There I was happy to find it at last, but was disappointed since it was listed as a "Star Wars blaster cone" complete with certificate of authenticity and it was going for about 200.00 dollars.

Maybe these guys won't tap into our "resources" just to make movie props. You know so one guy can show off his "real" or more properly "authentic" version of the weapons to his buddies and thus begins the proliferation of more kits...

It looks like the top Storm Trooper has a barrel shroud from a Lewis MG and a mixmaster of cobbled together gun parts. Well I was right scroll further down: Stormtrooper Heavy Blaster (Lewis Gun)

But hey, if they can produce the sights real cheap and not charge an arm and a leg, we might keep these boys around...

I see he also is tapping into Marstar for their MP40 magazine pouches hmm...

We're getting some heavy thunder right now so I'll call it a night.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: Star Wars a new consumer - maybe...

Post by gdmoore28 »

Wouldn't we all look cool going to the range dressed in one of the white trooper costumes? :shock:

Farm out!

GeeDeeEmm
Attachments
Star Wars Trooper.jpg
Star Wars Trooper.jpg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: Star Wars a new consumer - maybe...

Post by MCP »

Only if it's preceded by the Imperial March playing in the background while we draw ammo, set up and then open the range up to fire. 8)