MG34 BLUEPRINT

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
BELTLEAD

MG34 BLUEPRINT

Post by BELTLEAD »

I have a copy of a blueprint I purchased 10 years ago,that was drawn by a Class2 machinist.I just wanted an opinion from Orin or another machinist if these dimentions are correct.I try and take into account that the receiver used for reference may have a lot of front bearing wear and might account for dimentional differences.
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

I have that same set around here somewhere and I found that while it was generally accurate, some (and I don't remember which) dimensions were way off. I started trying to do a 3D model using them and finally gave up because dimensions didn't match up.

Here is an example of the kind of errors I found - This is an example only because I really don't remember where I ran into problems with these drawings.

Lets say you had set the overall length of the model and started locating cross holes for the recouperator, front and rear gripstick mount, and so on. Starting at one end you locate a hole using the drawings dimensions and continue locating holes until you get to the last one. You find that the last one is too close or too far away from the end opposite from where you started.

The question then becomes 1) is the overall length correct or 2) are the hole locations incorrect or 3) a combination of both.

Another problem is the drawings are missing a whole sh^T load of dimensions at the front where the cams mount.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Regards,
Orin
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
turbothis

Post by turbothis »

jeez, i will stick to the sheetmetal....
Kleist

Post by Kleist »

Wow, a real "Blue" print. That is old!!
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Orin,

Thankyou for your assessment of the blueprints! One of the members asked me about my blueprints from an old post and asked me if the prints were accurate.I told him I wasn't sure.
rimbaud

Re: MG34 BLUEPRINT

Post by rimbaud »

Hi, The image of the blueprint is not visible. Can someone email a copy to me?
iangordon2323@yahoo.com.au
Many thanks, Ian
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

I'll look for my blueprint and re-post it.
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

The server limits me from posting a higher resolution image like the last time I posted.
rimbaud

Post by rimbaud »

Thanks very much, Ian
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

We really need a good blueprint/schematic drawing of the MG34 for the stickie sections! Does anyone have another one that is proven correct or can someone help belthead out.

RR
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Ive got some clearer views of that blueprint that I scanned but dont know how to post them. If someone could who is "in the know" gets in touch with me Ill email em to ya
Glenn
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Maybe this direct link to Photobucket will work.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278 ... G34-10.jpg
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

gfarq

Post by gfarq »

Well I guess better late than never, February I finished drawing the reciever, fully rendered, and i am offering copies for sale, hardcopies only, no digital copies, i have an auction up on gunbroker.com or my site Maschinengewehr34.com. if enough people off the mg42 site shows interest i will cut every from here a deal in pricing on the print set. tmannn34 who has quite a few postings here has a set, so if your curious of the quality you can ask him. and here is a quote from a person who recently bought them off gunbroker:
"A+: SWEET!!!! These have to be the best i have ever seen,you did good. Thank you! Dennis A+++++ "

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I would be interested in a set,if the deal for members is set up.Or even if it isn't. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert