APEX now stocks Wise Lite Arms and original M53 parts..

Anything MG42 related.
wiselitearms

APEX now stocks Wise Lite Arms and original M53 parts..

Post by wiselitearms »

Some time back I posted that a business arrangement was in the works between Armory Parts Exchange (APEX) and Wise Lite Arms.
The latest result of that effort is to be found here::

https://www.apexgunparts.com/index.php/cPath/45

Not only does APEX carry the semi-auto grip housing and many of the bolt mod parts, they also exclusively have the stamped shells to replace the section cut from the rear of the barrel shroud (with the semi-auto block included, no FFL required).
It took a face to face meeting to get permission from our commercial customer to sell the shells, and even then APEX can only sell a limited number.

These are parts taken right out of the same supply bins WLA uses to manufacture the semi-auto Yugo M53.

APEX is also offering original M53 parts, to include barrels and a small selection of shrouds that are prepped/ready for welding.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/index.php/cPath/70

Hope this helps some folks get their guns together!

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
FAX: (940) 433-8096
INFORMATION: info@wlarms.com
SALES: sales@wlarms.com
Michael J

Re: APEX now stocks Wise Lite Arms and original M53 parts..

Post by Michael J »

Kind of a dumb question...
Are prices for M53 kits going up, because i thought i saw them being sold for less at Apex. Or is it just because they are low on stock? Or am i on crack, and am mistaking apex for another website i saw :lol:...

Just got my paranoia getting the best of me, hope any future guns aren't going to cost me much more than the large sum of cash they are already costing me :lol:!

(This post is not meant to be sarcastic in anyway, nor is it meant to hurt the sales of either Wiselite Arms or Apex. I truly don't know why, and any information on as to the reason of price changes would help. If i have altogether mistaken Apex for another company, mods please feel free to remove this question.)
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I have seen the prices for these Century guns all over the place,up and down-I think being new on the market they were going for a premium,now the market is settling down.Sledge-the bolt rails there are differant than stock-are these parts just for the wiselite/century version,or will they fit a stock gun? And will someone be able to build an SA using your parts and their own receiver? Thanks. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Bil wrote:I have seen the prices for these Century guns all over the place,up and down-I think being new on the market they were going for a premium,now the market is settling down. ---bil
Bil-
I think he's referring to M53 parts kits.

Michael-
It's simply a matter of supply and demand. When I purchased my kits, they were being sold for as low as $199. Now, not only can you not purchase them for $199, you can hardly find any kits to buy, despite a rising demand for them. Consequently, any person with a kit to sell is going to extract a premium price, as he should.

The rumor for quite some time has been that a large supply of M53 kits will be available soon, but they have all been demilled according to current standards -- ie, the same cutting standards, and no barrels. With that, watch the price of original barrels to hit the roof. Newly-made barrels, of course, will be available.

Anybody else heard any rumors about those "new" M53 kits that are supposed to be here soon?

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

gdmoore28 wrote:
Bil wrote:I have seen the prices for these Century guns all over the place,up and down-I think being new on the market they were going for a premium,now the market is settling down. ---bil
Bil-

Michael-
It's simply a matter of supply and demand. When I purchased my kits, they were being sold for as low as $199. Now, not only can you not purchase them for $199, you can hardly find any kits to buy, despite a rising demand for them. Consequently, any person with a kit to sell is going to extract a premium price, as he should.

The rumor for quite some time has been that a large supply of M53 kits will be available soon, but they have all been demilled according to current standards -- ie, the same cutting standards, and no barrels. With that, watch the price of original barrels to hit the roof. Newly-made barrels, of course, will be available.

Anybody else heard any rumors about those "new" M53 kits that are supposed to be here soon?

GeeDeeEmm
We were told that all the available M53 sets were slated for manufacture, this includes the sets that were planned for import.
I know that the last sets sold by the importer went out the door at a premium price, higher than the old advertised retail.
I can only speak as to the activities of one importer concerning M53's and MG42's.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

Bil wrote:I have seen the prices for these Century guns all over the place,up and down-I think being new on the market they were going for a premium,now the market is settling down.Sledge-the bolt rails there are differant than stock-are these parts just for the wiselite/century version,or will they fit a stock gun? And will someone be able to build an SA using your parts and their own receiver? Thanks. ---bil
Bil,
The "Bolt rails" shown on the APEX web site are a part of the bolt semi-auto conversion. Wise Lite Arms uses the standard guide rails and rivets them into the receiver.
It is one of APEX's goals to carry as many parts as possible to aid the homebuilder with putting together a nice semi-auto Yugo M53/MG42. The parts will work with re-welded original receivers, or with the welded shells APEX offers for sale.
By the way, these rear shells are definately long enough to mate up with the shrouds that come with the M53 part sets. They are the same parts WLA uses to manufacture our semi-auto guns.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

gdmoore28 wrote:
Bil-

Michael-

GeeDeeEmm
Thanks for the information! Atleast i understand why the prices are fluctuating now. Mg42 barrels and m53 barrels are suppose to jump in price you think?
Marstar is selling the mg42 barrels in 8mm for $125, but would it be cheaper for me to buy off of the board? Although tack on 20% to any prices you have in mind, as i just found out i got invoiced for $130 extra from a $465 m53 kit, by fedex for taxes due at customs lol!

Also thanks Wiselitearms for the information on the Apex parts, i will have to look into them for myself should the time come when i get to that stage on my hopefully-soon-to-be-semi m53.
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Is this an error on Apex's behalf, or is there a difference between these?
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... 2f0eb17lb1
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... eo37paceh0
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I imagine the price went up when the quantity went down.Sort of like oil!! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Bil wrote:I imagine the price went up when the quantity went down.Sort of like oil!! :lol: ---bil

:lol:, or they must be charging more for the "site browsing impaired". Anyone not able to relate m53 parts, to the "parts kits" section has to pay more!
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

Speaking of barrels…

The WLA M53 comes with a newly made Green Mountain barrel. I don't know if these GM barrels are available to the public yet though or ever will be. Perhaps the Yugo barrels Apex is selling are the WLA’s take offs from their builds (don’t know).

I had a conversation with Tony a few months ago and asked him if it was ok to use a Yugo barrel (in reference to 922r compliance) as spares in the WLA M53 and he told me that they have more than enough compliance parts so it would be ok to use a Yugo barrel in it if it checked out ok.

Thought this was interesting though as this was the first I’d heard that new GM barrels were being made for these guns.
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Der Alder wrote:Speaking of barrels…

.....I had a conversation with Tony a few months ago and asked him if it was ok to use a Yugo barrel (in reference to 922r compliance) as spares in the WLA M53 and he told me that they have more than enough compliance parts so it would be ok to use a Yugo barrel in it if it checked out ok.

Thought this was interesting though as this was the first I’d heard that new GM barrels were being made for these guns.
Are the compliance parts marked on the WLA M53?
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

And is there a BATF list of what parts count toward compliance?
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

I contacted Green Mountain, they will not (last I checked) sell 53/42 barrels directly to the public :( and neither will WLA at the current time :( :(

Unless Mr. Richard Hamer would like to clarify?????
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

www.Prussia.us wrote:I contacted Green Mountain, they will not (last I checked) sell 53/42 barrels directly to the public :( and neither will WLA at the current time :( :(

Unless Mr. Richard Hamer would like to clarify?????
New made barrels for the Yugo M53 are supplied to us as a part of the production contract. We didn't go out and purchase them, so we can't sell them. We do install and headspace the barrel extensions as that is an original part.

About the compliance part count, WLA has an internally generated form that the folks in the shipping area use to ensure every firearm going out the door meets the standard. I don't believe we mark the parts we make, other than the receiver.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
H_Waffenfabrik

Post by H_Waffenfabrik »

wiselitearms wrote:New made barrels for the Yugo M53 are supplied to us as a part of the production contract. We didn't go out and purchase them, so we can't sell them. We do install and headspace the barrel extensions as that is an original part.......

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
Richard, don't know if this is the right place to post this but.....

KUDOS to the WLA team for producing a quality weapon ! ....I just received my new M53 SA a few weeks ago from Centerfire and it's amazing. Oh and that barrel is really, really nice (and now I know why). However, I do have one little minor problem on the barrel exchange.......it seems I have to push a little because it hangs on a rod that welded to the receiver on the inside. Not a big deal but I'm wondering if I can just grind it down a bit for a better fit or this a bad idea ?!?

Thanks !
8)
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

H_Waffenfabrik wrote:
wiselitearms wrote:New made barrels for the Yugo M53 are supplied to us as a part of the production contract. We didn't go out and purchase them, so we can't sell them. We do install and headspace the barrel extensions as that is an original part.......

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
Richard, don't know if this is the right place to post this but.....

KUDOS to the WLA team for producing a quality weapon ! ....I just received my new M53 SA a few weeks ago from Centerfire and it's amazing. Oh and that barrel is really, really nice (and now I know why). However, I do have one little minor problem on the barrel exchange.......it seems I have to push a little because it hangs on a rod that welded to the receiver on the inside. Not a big deal but I'm wondering if I can just grind it down a bit for a better fit or this a bad idea ?!?

Thanks !
8)
There is never a "wrong" place to post a compliment!
I will have to ask about the recuperator interfereing with the barrel and let you know.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
SALES: sales@wlarms.com[/quote]
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Could this be a small bit of weld wire that got missed-that problem has turned up here with re-welds.Or is there something else in the wiselite receivers? I am beginning to see there are quite a few differances in these compared to the type of conversions usually seen here.In fact,it almost seems like it is a re-engineered version,sort of a generation 2. Not surprising,considering the team they had working on it.I can't wait to see what their new project is,I know they have one! :D ---bil
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

Bil wrote:Could this be a small bit of weld wire that got missed-that problem has turned up here with re-welds.Or is there something else in the wiselite receivers? I am beginning to see there are quite a few differances in these compared to the type of conversions usually seen here.In fact,it almost seems like it is a re-engineered version,sort of a generation 2. Not surprising,considering the team they had working on it.I can't wait to see what their new project is,I know they have one! :D ---bil
Actually the best course of action here would be for this gent to contact me at the "INFO" account. I can get more detail and maybe call direct to talk about the details of the issue.

The WLA build of the M53 does have a lot of thought into it. First being the BATFE FTB compliance and then the reliability factors plus keeping an eye on production time/cost.
When you look at the WLA M53 parts APEX is selling you will note some pieces that were designed specifically for this firearm and the repair sections we manufacture to complete the barrel shroud.

Change your above comment to "New projectS". We are working several things for multiple retailers/companies/importers.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Exxxcellant!!!
Attachments
simpsons-montgomery-burns.jpg
simpsons-montgomery-burns.jpg (4.67 KiB) Viewed 3279 times