Civil War Reproductions

FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Civil War Reproductions

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

Anyone know where i can find a confederate coat for a good price? or any one point me to a good reproduction supplier..?
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Civil War Reproductions

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Have you done any Google searches? There are plenty of Civil War reenactment uniform and gear sellers out there, and you can shop around. Get advice from Civil War forums too. The sellers for Civil War stuff are called "suttlers", and old term for merchants. Google "suttlers" and you'll get a few more hits. I have a friend who does Civil War and maybe he can recommend a place where you get the best quality for the money.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

What about that place that always has big page ads in the Shotgun News full of surplus stuff (NOT IMA-USA) but it is some place in Texas, there name is maybe “Col.”-something?????. They had cheap prices last time I saw their ad (maybe a year ago).

Of course it may be just cheap rubbish from communist China, like DA said check with the forums.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

civil war reproductions is a new territory for me so i figured any help from some people with there feet in the sector can help me. i will do some more google searchs.. but if you search for german repos for instance you get HHK and i dont want to end up with the equivilant.
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

FKpt.Fritz wrote:Anyone know where i can find a confederate coat for a good price? or any one point me to a good reproduction supplier..?
Check out Atlanta Cutlery. I just got a catalog from them and they have lots of Civil War repro items including uniforms.

They should have a website.
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

Fritz, Give Track of the wolf a try, they do most black powder eras,from F&I wars to cowboy stuff.(I have built many long rifles,and outfitted a few flat landers thru them). If they can't help try Dixie Gun works,they have just about EVERYTHING for Civil war reproductions.

Bill :read:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I live right near Track pf the Wolf, and they specialize in flintlocks and cap percussion firearms, and have a few accessories aimed at trappers and voyageurs primarily, and may have a few firearms accessories geared toward Civil War, but hey do not have uniforms. They are mostly set up to help people make flintlocks from the Precolonial to pre Civil Wr era. If you are interested in manufacturing a Pennsylvania or Lancaster rifle, you should check them out.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury