Newb WLA M53 on AA tripod question

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
wizzegun

Newb WLA M53 on AA tripod question

Post by wizzegun »

Hello all,

I have been absorbing the great info on the sight since ordering my WLA M53 a few months ago. I love it! Anyway, I have a question I could not find an answer to after doing some searching. Does it hurt to hang the M53 from the barrel shroud on the AA tripod for extended periods of time(days)? It just seems like a lot of weight hanging on those 2 tiny areas. I was thinking of using the AA tripod for display until I can afford a Lafette mount.

Thanks!
rocco1911

Re: Newb WLA M53 on AA tripod question

Post by rocco1911 »

It wont hurt it any go right ahead .... 8) And welcome to the site loads of info & friendly people here to help if ya have any questions
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

I got an AA tripod on the way...I have the same concerns about that 25lbs gun hanging off the trigger grip....and the trigger grip just hangs onto the receiver with a few points...

...in my mind I imagine those little pins snapping and the gun come crashing down!
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

noonxnoon wrote:I got an AA tripod on the way...I have the same concerns about that 25lbs gun hanging off the trigger grip....and the trigger grip just hangs onto the receiver with a few points...

...in my mind I imagine those little pins snapping and the gun come crashing down!

The gun dont hang on the grip it hangs on the indent cut outs on the bottom of the front shroud portion of the reciever it could hang there until my bones turn to dust before it ever breaks through...
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Rocco,

Just got my AA tripod...thanks for this picture.

I was looking at that trigger like thing at the top...and thinking, 'damn that looks alot like the bipod connection'!

the tripod looks like alot of functionality/mobility in shooting...those spikes look pretty nasty!
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

noonxnoon wrote:Rocco,

Just got my AA tripod...thanks for this picture.

I was looking at that trigger like thing at the top...and thinking, 'damn that looks alot like the bipod connection'!

the tripod looks like alot of functionality/mobility in shooting...those spikes look pretty nasty!
CONGRATS!!!!! :cheer:

Yeah its a good Idea to weight it down with an ammo can when you shoot off it... 8)

I hang a full can of ammo off the center hook just way the jackboot boys did... :lol:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

You can spread the legs way out and get the gun real low-it has a better field of fire than the lafette that way.I have a pic of it in use that way somewhere.The lafette is good for sustained fire,but for real fun ,try it on one of these using an old car! :shock: ---bil PS-do not try this at home!
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

This is a picture of me and DA with the MG34 on a regular Lafette mount.

Click the link.

http://image06.webshots.com/6/5/67/37/7 ... Szy_fs.jpg
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I get 'Website requires you to log in'. It must be one of those parental control things they have required on all pictures of DA! :shock: :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Fixed it
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Bil wrote:You can spread the legs way out and...bil PS-do not try this at home!
Spread the legs way out? Sounds like advice from Senator Larry Craig about his "wide stance" in a public restroom.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Thats where I got the idea! :lol: Nice picture,I am glad to see DA is finally dressed in something appropriate for a family site! ---bil