Post your pics and vids here.
SgtSteiner47

Re: MG42 in action

Post by SgtSteiner47 »

Sorry, Smwholesale.com
kilroyturner

Post by kilroyturner »

:photos: I am still saving up money for a semi auto mg42! But I reenact 116 Panzer, if anyone here wants to use there mg42s in a battle but dont want to do the SS then come join a German army unit based out of N.C. area. Here is our units page. http://windhund116.webs.com/ We are planning on doing a d-day event around May 1st if anyone would want to attend.
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

As the war dragged on, the education level of the recruits dropped to where some weren't very good spellers. Unfortunately, these were the people who made the signs.

The sign in the first picture reads "Enter the something"

Kampfgeibets?????? How about Kampfgebiets (battle field).

Perhaps "Entrance to the battlefield" would be more appropriate: Eingang des Kampfgebiets
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

jbaum wrote:As the war dragged on, the education level of the recruits dropped to where some weren't very good spellers. Unfortunately, these were the people who made the signs.

The sign in the first picture reads "Enter the something"

Kampfgeibets?????? How about Kampfgebiets (battle field).

Perhaps "Entrance to the battlefield" would be more appropriate: Eingang des Kampfgebiets
Perhaps the spellchecker was bombed by B-17's or shelled by Naval Gunfire.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Or they had a HiWi make the signs! :lol: Atleast they didn't try Sutterlein!. Nice pics,though. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Matt wrote:i agree, why do re-enactors have a fascination with the SS image. why not dress up like an army private instead? maybe it has to do with the fancy camo but I doubt it. you have to give DA credit though, he seems to like the wehrmacht look. AK47s are cool but I would not dress up like abdullah mohammed to reenact the current war!
It is preference.

If guys want to look tough they can dress up like British-they invented the concentration camp (Boer War) and killed millions in Ireland, Africa, Asia, Oceania, and North America during their lust for Imperial greed; or like pre-WW1 Belgians they killed 10 million in the “Belgian” Congo; or Red Army soldiers-Stalin killed somewhere between 15-24 million; or Imperial Japanese soldiers they killed about 10 million in Asia; etc.

There is no more aesthetically pleasing uniform than the Allgemeine SS uniform, and the market speaks, for $8K-$10K you can buy an original hat.

If I were lucky and had my relative’s uniform that fought under Theodore Eicke of the Totenkopf Division been passed down, I would be pleased to display it, or reenact with it, it is a smart looking uniform for sure.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

jbaum wrote:As the war dragged on, the education level of the recruits dropped to where some weren't very good spellers. Unfortunately, these were the people who made the signs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That made me laugh out loud!!
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

www.Prussia.us wrote: It is preference.

There is no more aesthetically pleasing uniform than the Allgemeine SS uniform, and the market speaks, for $8K-$10K you can buy an original hat.

If I were lucky and had my relative’s uniform that fought under Theodore Eicke of the Totenkopf Division been passed down, I would be pleased to display it, or reenact with it, it is a smart looking uniform for sure.
I agree Prussia...but when was the original message posted for you to reply to it now?!?

anyways...yeah...most reenactors go for the Waffen-SS look...my take...is the elite in any army always gets the glitz and fascination.

Regardless what side of the fence you are...you gotta admit...the Third Reich really had some cool ensignia and designs...marketing geniuses...and the SS had probably the coolest and most slick designs...very powerful.

and for 12ths pictures...really cool...sign issues and all!!
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Holy crap Noonxnoon, I had no idea this was posted almost a year ago, I just saw the thread as "recent" and read the comment that put me into "Grandpa Simpson" mode, and never gave it a second thought :shock: :lol: :lol:
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Zamex
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by Zamex »

Me and my M53..
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Zamex wrote:Me and my M53..
Looks nice. I always like it when people post their re-enacting photos.
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

I agree I enjoy looking at these pics. Id post mine, but are totally wrong time period :oops:
me kneeling
me kneeling
Marye's heights in Fredericksburg VA
Marye's heights in Fredericksburg VA
But we did have a time rift a few weeks ago thats WWII related :)
reenforcements
reenforcements
73497_160854590615617_123751584325918_336984_2176604_n.jpg
untitled.jpg
F the ordnance rifles, limber this bad boy...
F the ordnance rifles, limber this bad boy...
SgtSteiner47

Post by SgtSteiner47 »

haha thats Camp Edwards! My unit held that event, 2nd SS Deutschland 9th kompanie Out of New England

SSdeutschland.com if anyone is interested
David

Post by David »

I miss CW reenacting, but down here everything blows these days. They're mainly carnivals.
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Bil wrote:DAs pics are all just little red Xs,am I missing something,or is he re-enacting the Red Cross?? ---bil
Blame the Admin... he LOST THE PICS again. I posted them as attachments. We are back to SQUARE ONE again, boys.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Try licking the back of the picture before posting it-that activates the glue! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

Bil wrote:Try licking the back of the picture before posting it-that activates the glue! :lol: ---bil

THAT'S FUNNY!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill :read: