mg34 semi auto build

Anything MG34 related.
wearwolf

mg34 semi auto build

Post by wearwolf »

Hi guys would like to know the laws on building my own gun on a federal and state level.
my state is california aka nazi state.
also how and do you register it do you make or use the serial numbers ect.
thanks Robert.
Clay

Re: mg34 semi auto build

Post by Clay »

I suggest you check out calguns.net, I'm in CA and I'm planning on building an MG42 and eventually an MG34 so I feel your pain. I'm going to do a featureless build by making the flash hider non functioning and adding a fin to the grip so it doesn't allow a pistol style grasp.
ScottD
Major
Major

Re: mg34 semi auto build

Post by ScottD »

At the risk of sounding like an azzhole, you sound like you are new to this. IF you are interested in the legalities of building a gun, may I suggest you start out small, like sporterizing and such. A MG34 is a HUGE undertaking and legalities should be the least of your concerns. But here in a nutshell is your answer...

FEDERAL.....you can build a weapon providing its not full auto, has a bbl over 16 inches and fires from the closed bolt position. Make sure you know 922 Compliance laws as well. There are several other nuances, but thats the quick version.

State.....FInd a local builder on this site and PM them, go offline and discuss it. IM from NY, our laws suck, but Calirornia laws are just retarded. Just remember this. Its really easy to cut corners and bend the law. Nobody ever gets caught for building non compliant guns...but do you want to be the first guy to get butt hurt in jail because you were running a 50 round belt or a pistol grip? Know your local laws. If in doubt, walk away.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"