Review of John Baum's German Manuals

Do you want to write a review of a seller?

Rate your satisfaction with John Baum - 5 star being the highest.

5 STAR
93%
4 STAR
No votes
3 STAR
No votes
2 STAR
2%
1 STAR
No votes
I read German, why do i need him ?
4%

Total votes: 45

drooling idiot
General
General

Review of John Baum's German Manuals

Post by drooling idiot »

This is your opportunity to speak your mind about any sales or business related dealings with German Manuals.com and John Baum.

E-mail : John@GermanManuals.com

Snail mail:
John Baum
5678 State Rt. 45
Lisbon, OH 44432 USA

we ask you post any negative feed back with a little tact and no foul language.

The information about any individual or firm has been supplied by the poster without verification by us. The information contained in this web site is provided as a service to the Internet community. We make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site. The contents of all posts are solely the responsibility of the authors. Statements made and opinions expressed are strictly those of the authors and not this website. The site administrator reserves the right to delete posts that are considered offensive or inappropriate to goals of this site.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

I ordered 2 MG42 manuals and his MG15 manual. Both arrived very quickly and were well packaged.

The manuals themselves are nicely made and well constructed. I have learned much more then I knew after only a few minutes of reading them in english.
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

I've ordered several of his manuals. He charged too much on the Kar 98k manual, the cover price shows 25 pfennig, and I paid way over that LOL :mrgreen:

John has done the hard part, getting these manuals together and translating them. Since mein Deutsch ist schelcht I didn't mind ordering them from John, especially since some of those manuals get pricey. Would I want originals, yes I would but this is a great practial alternative.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

Woot, John rocks!!!
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Der Stahlhelm

Post by Der Stahlhelm »

Just bought a pair of manuals for my MP44 project! Thanks!
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

Got three manuals from John yesterday. All three are extremely well done. Translating tech things from German is never easy. These all read smoothly and clearly. Shipping was very fast as well. A class act.
Abwehr

Post by Abwehr »

I have been buying John's translated Manuals since he first strated and he quality and being a very fine Gentleman has never changed.

John has given us a new world of information that most of us would never have if not for his dedicated work!

The internet is great for getting information, but when you need info fast, having a book is the best!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I ordered 8 manuals from John late Friday night-they were here early Monday morning! Excellent books,well worth the money. If you order a bunch at once he even gives you a discount, and postage is included in the price. How can you beat that?! Thank you,Jbaum. ---bil ps If you are serious about these guns,these books are a must-have item.
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

John's service is great, and you get what you order.

If you are building or running these guns, you need these books.

MikeD
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

John's books are the best deal you will ever find for first hand information that is essential for the collector to truly KNOW his collection and how to operate, repair and perform maintenance on it. John's books provide info not found anywhere else at a great price. Until John made them available in English, the only ones who had the info were the rare book and manual owners, many of which could not understand German. And, John will never let you forget that he has these fine books for sale. I fear that if we stop hearing about them, it'll be time to call the paramedics to his house.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Barrel26

Re: Review of John Baum's German Manuals

Post by Barrel26 »

There is a huge difference between reading everyday German verses techanical German. I deal with this everyweek. John has done an extremely good job. Thank you !
wizzegun

Post by wizzegun »

I've dealt with John twice now and both times could not have been better. The manuals are nice and were shipped very quickly. I received them both within a few days. Can't ask for more than that!
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

This is an old thread...but I just got the 241 manual and was really impressed.

Way better then I expected and the minimal manual any 42/53 owner should have.

I got the 42 tools jBaum has to offer...great quality...fast shipping
Panzercanuck

Post by Panzercanuck »

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:John Baum

What can I say about John Baum's German Manuals.He is very easy to deal with,courteous,Answers questions very fast by email.Probably the best person that I have dealt with.Never reams my butt for shipping and handling.being a Canadian buying from the US this is a major concern to my pocketbook.

I think I bought at least 15 of his manuals.He was the one who referred me to this forum for my friends MKb42 problem.

I actually feel sorry for John, it must be a pain in the brain to properly put down in English what the German manuals reads.I have learn't many languages and know it's hard to do.Because of this. I hope he has a social life.Just last week I bought another 5 of his manuals.I still see another 10 that I want no maybe 30 or more.

John is a down to earth no BS kind of guy.I will always give him business ,that's for sure.

Panzercanuck :wnana:

Thank you John
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

John Baum's German Manuals

What more can be said than the GREAT stuff posted above this post....

I've got over 1/2 dozen of his manuals and planning to add more.... GREAT pictures and good work...

Later 42rocker
f4efxr

Post by f4efxr »

Great guy to deal with....an important accessory for my MG-42 !
Thanks again......Mike :D
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

John's books are the "must have" for anyone who wants to know how thier weapons work and to keep them running :thanks: Have 4 so far...even got one from ebay! Thanks alot John :rockon:

Bill :read:
mossie

Post by mossie »

Afternoon to the groupe.
Just rec 2 more manuals from John B.
Stick Grenade.
Well done,Now I need to find a really nice replica,
Any one know where there might be one lurking?

Handbook for U-Boat Commanders.
That's a keeper,reading it put me on the boat.
Very detailed.Time to watch "Das Boat" again.
I have a UZO Night aiming optics from U-1613.
She was a non commissioned boat,buit in summer 1943.
AS other chaps have said.."john is a squared away guy",and the forum
owes him a great deal of thanks.
Cheers
Mossie
CaptMax
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by CaptMax »

John is the best!!! He got me manuals I couldn't find anywhere else.
CaptMax
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Gulfstream4 »

John is the best. I speak some German and John is perfect in his translations. I have purchased some of his MG42 assessories and they are exactly as advertised.

Thanks John
Gulfstream4