MG15 Drum Loader Set

Cercamon
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

MG15 Drum Loader Set

Post by Cercamon »

I recently acquired a MG15 Doppel Trommel which included and original winder, base, and unloader set. Can anyone tell me what the complete components of the set are and what the going price for such an item? IMA had one listed for $1500 but it was only up for a few days so I assume it sold. I will post some pics tonight along with a couple of other mystery accessories I got with the set.

Also - does anyone know where one could get a MG13 saddle drum? I found one for sale but I can't import it as it is overseas.

Thanks.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Re: MG15 Drum Loader Set

Post by IMBLITZVT »

its hard to say whats its worth but $1500 is a lot. Remember IMA has a huge group of people buying from them. Check out GB, some are up on it now.

Where did you find a MG13 drum over seas? Do you have a link?

Thanks!

Cercamon wrote:I recently acquired a MG15 Doppel Trommel which included and original winder, base, and unloader set. Can anyone tell me what the complete components of the set are and what the going price for such an item? IMA had one listed for $1500 but it was only up for a few days so I assume it sold. I will post some pics tonight along with a couple of other mystery accessories I got with the set.

Also - does anyone know where one could get a MG13 saddle drum? I found one for sale but I can't import it as it is overseas.

Thanks.
medved

Post by medved »

Interord had the set a while back for $1000.
Laminatrap

Post by Laminatrap »

I was making a tool several years ago to load the Doppel Trommel (drum Magazine) Lately I have been getting requests for these again. If I can get 15 or so to commit to them I will do another run.
A few people here PM-ed me and I appoligise for not responding as I do not frequent the forums like I used to.
You can contact me Laminatrap at aol dot com.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Good to see you again!! :D I have one of these,it is very nicely made,and both loads and unloads the drums.It is not a reproduction of the original,it is a loader made of modern material,and well made. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Laminatrap

Post by Laminatrap »

winder now in production. if interested plaese let me know.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Yes definitely interested
sstuart13

Post by sstuart13 »

I have sent Laminatrap several emails since he began production of the MG 15 winders over the past several months. Ever since he stated he was starting to produce them (Sep 2010). I have not had a response. Has anyone heard from him? Has anyone received any? I purchased a 20-round 1919 linker from him with out a hitch. So I am hoping to get one his winders as well.

SS
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I will check and see if I have another e-mail address or other contact info. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
TactAdv
Major
Major

Post by TactAdv »

sstuart13 wrote:I have sent Laminatrap several emails since he began production of the MG 15 winders over the past several months. Ever since he stated he was starting to produce them (Sep 2010). I have not had a response. Has anyone heard from him? Has anyone received any? I purchased a 20-round 1919 linker from him with out a hitch. So I am hoping to get one his winders as well.

SS
Yeah, I got one from him last (late) Fall. Contacted him privately, and IIRC, the one he built for me was what motivated him to go "into production again" of these. To be particularly accurate, mine he built from a mixture of new-old-stock parts he had around still, and the required new parts to complete it. It is, well, quite excellent to be honest. I did a rather short review of it when I got it, it is probably up the thread here a few posts.

I also ordered a second set at the time, never did hear back from him so, yeah, I can't tell you what became of the effort. I kind of forgot myself after not only getting his set, but also right afterward I found an original 1940 loader set ($1200.00!!). I'd still take an extra LAMINATRAP loader if he pops up again.... ;-)

I have no different contact info than what he posted here; it worked for me then. He used to have a http://www.laminatrap.com website address, which now appears dead??

Viel Glück bei Ihrer Suche!

-TomH