MG34 dummy in search of a charging handle.

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
pitfighter
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG34 dummy in search of a charging handle.

Post by pitfighter »

I picked up these two dummies an MG13 and MG34 for my collection.

The 34 is missing a charging handle - I will pay $75 or so, if anyone has a used one they don't need, it doesn't have to work, just for display.

This is my first 34 and it will look great in the collection, I have a few dummies and replicas, as so much is banned where I live.

Pit.
railsplitter

Re: MG34 dummy in search of a charging handle.

Post by railsplitter »

:lol: My collection could stand a ban like that! :photos:
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Gulfstream4 »

Very nice collection. Is that a SMG FG42?
pitfighter
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by pitfighter »

Thank you - the FG42 is a Shoei replica - we cannot own the SMG semi in California, well we probably could, but it would require altering the appearance(pistol grip and mag/mag catch), and then you would have to ask yourself, was it worth $5K? I talked to SMG Guns about their ZB26 semi conversions, Rick is a great guy and if I could, I would, lol.

When I bought the original MP44 kit which is built around a Shoei MP44 receiver and barrel, the owner also had the FG42 replica for sale, I couldn't help myself - I did get to look at a real one in BC this year.

I don't mind the odd replica, they will hold a place in the collection until my pocket book matches my desire, lol.
I am a big history buff, and the German paratrooper story is very interesting to me, especially the Grand Sasso raid, I know it was the earlier FG42 that was used, but it is still pleasing for me to have this in my collection, Japanese made or not, lol.

Pit.
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Gulfstream4 »

Have you tried the folks at Allegheny Arsenal for a charging handle. Give them a call. There contact info is on there website. MG34.com