TNW Trigger Re-assembly

Anything MG34 related.
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

TNW Trigger Re-assembly

Post by Franz20 »

Can someone post photos of their Trigger assembly from project guns or TNW?

I have received my Semi auto trigger assembly parts from Project guns (I can only say positive things about the piece of art (MG34) they gave me!)

I now have a SA Trigger assembly and empty grip. Again, Can anyone post photos or links to how this is reassembled?

Thank you.

Franz
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: TNW Trigger Re-assembly

Post by 42rocker »

This might help

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12094

Later 42rocker
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

That was somewhat helpful, but I still have an assortment of springs, pins etc that I have no clue where to place. I'm even missing a few pieces in the image (I sent out a working grip, I assume that I don't need certain parts for SA?)

Thanks for the help anyway!

Franz
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

Hi Franz, sounds like you have your trigger that was machined/modified to take the two TNW rollers. They will have removed the disconnector, pin and spring from inside the trigger itself. They aren't needed anymore. You don't need the sear push bar, or the lever/plunger/spring that operates the charging handle interface. They will have machined off the bar from the little f/a trigger. Basically, just install the spring guide on the trigger spring, push it into the trigger, and gently slide it all down into the trigger frame. Replace the trigger frame on the receiver and you're good to go. If they machined the bolt, you'll have more extra parts. TNW doesn't use the firing pin release lever, spring or pin. Good luck....Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Thank you Phil,

Would you happen to know how to install the trigger gate? I have the blueprints how to convert the parts (despite they have already been converted), I just have no clue where they go.

Thanks everyone for the help thus far!

Franz
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

TNW%20trigger%20gate%206411%20010.jpg
TNW%20trigger%20gate%206411%20010.jpg (24.09 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
TNW%20trigger%20gate%206411%20009.jpg
TNW%20trigger%20gate%206411%20009.jpg (32.17 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
The TNW trigger gate installs just like the original, with the German pivot pin and spring. The trigger rollers just push it up to dis-engage the sear bar on the bolt. Did the machinists assemble the bolt components? Did they use the the original WW2 f/p spring? If they installed the TNW f/p spring from their kit, get ready for blisters!....Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Ah ok, I need the pivot pin. I installed the trigger gate without the pivot pin and only the safety switch. When I charged the handle back it just released the bolt flying forward. Could this be to my trigger gate being improperly installed?

Thanks!

Franz
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

Well, Franz, it's designed that way because the semi fires from a closed bolt. The firing pin cocks when the bolt retracts. When you let go of the charging handle, the bolt flies foreward, strips a round, and locks to the barrel. If the bolt is completely in battery, the modified trigger pushes the lever up through the little slot in back of the bolt carrier, and the spring-flap drops the sear inside the bolt to fire it. Good luck....Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Ok I finally got ahold of a Trigger gate pin, I installed it (with much difficulty) and it locked the trigger gate down preventing it from being able to be compressed allowing my safety to fit. Does anyone else have this issue with the TNW parts and their project guns rebuilt receiver?

Any help appreciated.
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

When I install the trigger assembly and charge the gun I pull the handle back and SLAM! goes my bolt forward... It feels like the "end times" in my workshop.... :shock:
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

I can't even get the trigger gate "pin" inside without a hammer.

Any advice?
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

TNW%20trigger%20gate%206411%20008.jpg
Compare the slot in the receiver in this operating TNW to yours for length and depth. If you click on the picture it enlarges. I believe that PG receivers are individually made from original parts. Did you purchase it used? Was it assembled and fired previously? Good luck....Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Mine was made from an original receiver, there seems to be a small "ledge" in mine and yours, should the bottom of the Trigger gate recess be completely smooth? I...I... Just can't seem to figure this sum'gun out...
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

It actually appears that someone has replaced the pin in the trigger sear flap with a nut and bolt. Is this the case? Check out the pictures above of a functional sear. The flap has to enter the slot in the receiver, then the cutouts in the bolt head to activate the f/p release arm. Looks like the nut/bolt will prevent this....Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Hmm, I think that's just the angle the photo was taken.

here's what I'm working with.
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

Yes, looks like identical parts. Does the sear fit the receiver w/o the bolt installed? W/o the spring? Was it running before, or are you the first to assemble it? Can you photograph the sear groove w/o the sear in there?....Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Yes, it fits in it's slot. but It takes a hammer with a heavy hand to get the trigger gate pin. When it's in, the gate doesn't BUDGE, at all, I can't even level it to get the safety in....

I am the first person to assemble all of this.

Thanks for the help thus far.
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

TNW receiver trigger sear slot 005 (2).jpg
All your parts look good. No hammer needed! Goes together with your fingers. Back to the beginning:
1. Does the pin fit easily in the receiver?
2. Does the pin fit easily in the sear arm?
3. Does the sear arm pin into the receiver w/o the bolt, spring or safety installed?
Looks like the slot could be a little shallow. TNW doesn't have the 'shelf' in the slot where the sping goes. It's flat.
Let me know if you need pics/dimensions...Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

I truly owe you, could you post some pics of your receiver? The pin goes into the hole with a gentle push, when the trigger gate is in, it won't budge with the pin. It locks in place and moves with just the safety in it.

Thank you very much sir and everyone for your help thus far...in my perilous journey :wnana:

Franz
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Update:

Stan at Project Guns has agreed to look at it, he thinks it may be caused by a shallow trigger gate well. I will update upon my receivers return.

Thank you very much for all the advice gentlemen.

Franz