"WWII with the camera on the eastern front"

Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

"WWII with the camera on the eastern front"

Post by Der Alder »

A 3 part series. 16MM German camera footage shot on the Eastern front during WWII.

All footage I had never seen. Lots of color footage in part 1. Lots of light Armoured Reconnaissance Vehicle footage as well. Narrated in German. I'm not sure what they are saying, but very interesting footage for WWII historians. Shows too how muddy the conditions were there on the Eastern front. Starts out in Poland and ends in Hungary best I can tell.

Translated from the Russian youtube post:
"With the camera on the eastern front" - a personal 16-mm film and the German reporter, translated to "figure". He shot his film sketches as the official operator of the weekly "Wochenschau", ready with his camera kinopropagandy materials for the department and ... for themselves. You can see his personal records - many of which are filmed in color ...

WWII С КАМЕРОЙ НА ВОСТОЧНОМ ФРОНТЕ-РУСС (ЧАСТЬ 1)1939-1942
Russian title translates roughly :
"WWII with the camera on the eastern front, RUSS (Part 1) 1939-1942"
http://youtu.be/-3qFphvYi2Q

"WWII with the camera on the eastern front, RUSS (PART 2) 1943"
http://youtu.be/3cGHeVgmwPA

"WWII with the camera on the eastern front, RUSS (Part 3) 1944."
http://youtu.be/Vwj4iUL_MYs About 25 min shows some MP40 training BTW.

I liked looking at the scenery, daily life, uniforms and equipment. I thought some of you may find it interesting as well.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: "WWII with the camera on the eastern front"

Post by 42rocker »

Der Alder

Thanks for sharing that with us. I'll sit down later and try to watch everything.

Later 42rocker
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by messerschmittfan »

Great films and for German speakers really interesting. What I noticed was a total lack of photographs of the MG34 or MG42 but some of the MP38/40 and even the MP41 and the Rumanian MP. Really interesting films without the Nutzi propaganda. Thanks for posting Harry
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Great films and for German speakers really interesting. What I noticed was a total lack of photographs of the MG34 or MG42 but some of the MP38/40 and even the MP41 and the Rumanian MP. Really interesting films without the Nutzi propaganda. Thanks for posting Harry
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann