Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Post by JBaum »

Welcome, you've come to the right place. Start by reading the Stickies section. It'll keep you busy for a few days. Most answers are in there, but we have some very good builders too, if you get stuck or have a question.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Triggered
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Triggered »

Have been a lurker on the forum for a while, decided to join up the closer I get to (hopefully) bringing home an MG42.

Same username across a few major forums out there in case I run into you elsewhere.

Just wanting to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience available here, also hopefully a new go-to community with regards to the MG42 and its successors.

Have a decent understanding of the 42 and have been behind the trigger a few times, but I'm sure I'll pull some FNG moves and questions from time to time :mrgreen:

Excited in getting to know the forum.
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

havent been on in a few years ... figured i better come thru & check on everything...

see what ive missed.

thing about my 42' & 53's... once you've built them all you do is shoot & clean them.. nothing has ever broken.

:D
say what you mean & mean what you say
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

They're very dependable when you do it right. Welcome back. :)
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
M48TANKER
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by M48TANKER »

Hello All,

They call me "TANKER" or "M48TANKER". I chose that name years ago and have used it on many different forums. I was a "Gunner" on an M48A3 tank in Vietnam during 1969/70. After I graduated from college with a degree in Business Administration....I lost my student deferment of course. As it turned out that didn't make much difference due to the implementation of the "Lottery system."

I enlisted in the U.S. Army and did my basic and advanced individual training in Armor at Fort Knox. The graduates of the Armor school were immediately sent to Viet Nam. I said goodbye to my wife and 18 month old daughter and off to war I went.

My love of firearms was enhanced by their ability to actually keep me alive. Functioning firearms are very important to a soldier, law enforcement, home owners, and everyone who enjoys FREEDOM.

Enough for now....got to get that post count up.

M48TANKER
"Join the Army, Travel to Exotic Distant Lands, Meet Exciting Unusual People....and KILL THEM"
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

M48TANKER wrote:Hello All,

They call me "TANKER" or "M48TANKER". I chose that name years ago and have used it on many different forums. I was a "Gunner" on an M48A3 tank in Vietnam during 1969/70. After I graduated from college with a degree in Business Administration....I lost my student deferment of course. As it turned out that didn't make much difference due to the implementation of the "Lottery system."

I enlisted in the U.S. Army and did my basic and advanced individual training in Armor at Fort Knox. The graduates of the Armor school were immediately sent to Viet Nam. I said goodbye to my wife and 18 month old daughter and off to war I went.

My love of firearms was enhanced by their ability to actually keep me alive. Functioning firearms are very important to a soldier, law enforcement, home owners, and everyone who enjoys FREEDOM.

Enough for now....got to get that post count up.

M48TANKER

Welcome to the board and thank you for your service.
Let us know how we can help you.
Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P1

Post by Flanker7227 »

Hi y'all

I guess this is one way to do introductions, by tacking it on to someone else's intro thing. Someone stop me if I'm wrong.

I'm Corey, or Flanker, or that weird guy in the corner. I like guns and the shooting and building thereof. I started my MG42 project when I was 15. Which was a mistake. 6 years later (or something like that, not sure how old I am anymore), I actually have the funding to build it. (Thank you VA).
Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P2

Post by Flanker7227 »

I love planes. Was a former Air Force Boom Operator on the KC-135R

And then lame stuff happened and I was no longer in the Air Force. Currently working on becoming a gunsmith though, and Using VA money to help fund it. Hopefully I can learn a thing or 12 from you guys on here.
Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P3

Post by Flanker7227 »

So my interests are Planes and guns. I don't have any planes.

But I have a load of guns! Like 14 in total (It's a load to me). Russian ones are my favorite. From the Makarov to the AK to the Mosin Nagant. Those are the only two I own (for now). Light Machine guns are my love, so my dream is to eventually own a PKM (maybe even a full auto one?). For now I'm fine with building my MG.
Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P4

Post by Flanker7227 »

My other hobbies are just chilling with friendos and playing video games. I'm not that old, what did you expect?

Writing is another one of my big things. I'm not too good at it, but I love doing it. Sitting down with a blank Word document and letting my mind come up with a world of it's own is a blast. I also spend huge amounts of time researching things to include in my work, which means I visit places like this a lot for historical precedents to things or stories or just plain old facts.
Flanker7227
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Intro! P5

Post by Flanker7227 »

So That's a bit about me. Also bats are the greatest animal ever. I love bats.

Look forward to reading through the forum, buying parts, reading about other things, and doing a lot of gun related things. Hopefully. Maybe.

- Corey
birdman
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by birdman »

Hello all,
I would like to introduce myself. I am Garry with the board name of birdman- I have 23 birds. I have had a interest in WWII since I was about 4 years old and my mother took me to a airshow in 1967 that had many WWII fighters ( P40, F4u Corsair, F4F Wildcats, F6f Hellcats, P51's, Spitfire, Me109, FW 190, Jap Zero and a long line of B-17's and was hooked from that point on and it hasn't slowed down yet.
I own a Firestopping company in Fort Myers, Fl and have enjoyed doing this in our community. My 19 year old son works for me from time to time when we are over loaded with jobs and is really good at running the crews despite his age.
I have been reading the forums for quite a while and I am very impressed with the knowledge of the members. I hope to purchase a MG42 in the near future to add to my collection and use at the range. I recently picked up a very beautiful Springfield M1 Garrand and want to add more WWII history to the house hold.

Thank You for letting me be apart of the community
Garry / birdman
Bigbang
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Bigbang »

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself because I hope to be spending some time on this board. I have lurked a few times in the past while I awaited my ATF transfer for my MG42. I hope to gain knowledge about the MG42 from the experience of members on this board.

Thanks in advance,
Bigbang
birdman
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post #2

Post by birdman »

I have been busy with my business and have been away for a bit. I have been wanting a MG42 for some time and have seen them for sale at some what extreme prices on other gun sale sites. I don't particularly want a full auto due to the regulations required to have them. I have been sourcing accessories for this and I have a idea of what I want to gather once I get one, I really like the design of the ammo cans with the top handles being off center to enable to carry at a time.

Garry
birdman
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

post #3

Post by birdman »

I am also interested in a tripod but haven't decided on if I want the optics to go with it or not yet. The prices on the optics seem to be getting out of hand or reach but maybe I may find one at a reasonable price. I have been amazed at the diversity and volume of items available. Truly amazing that so many things survived the war and are still functional .

Garry
birdman
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

post #4

Post by birdman »

Recently I purchased a Liberty Lincoln LX50 41 gun safe. what a great item to secure all my valuables in and at the moment a fair amount of my ammo. I like the fully pocketed door for hand guns and important paperwork ect. The led lighting auto on / off system light up the whole safe very well. The place I ordered it from brought it into my house and placed it in the spot I wanted and bolted it down. Very pleased with the whole transaction.

Garry
birdman
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

post #5

Post by birdman »

For fathers day this year my son obtained a piece of a German V2 rocket. It was from a crash site in Poland. The Germans had early issues with mid flight failure and guidance problems so the did a series of tests in Poland. The inflight failures stemmed from structural deficiencies in the outer skin "wrinkling" at speed in flight leading to failure. The part is a support for the oxygen tank and had a casting number on it. Pretty interesting all in all.

Thanks
Garry
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

birdman
Welcome.. If you have time and want to meet a few of the folks on the board and go to a fun shoot. Please check out my builders and belt fed shoot post in the "Shoots and Show" section
or click following link

http://mg42.us/viewforum.php?f=161

Again Welcome from one of the Fla boys.

Later 42rocker
WpnsMan
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by WpnsMan »

Hello,

I recently acquired a TNW Semi MG34 and will have plenty of questions on how to keep it running or, to solve common problems with the gun. Glad to be here.

Wpns Man
stevo4361
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by stevo4361 »

Hey guys,
Thought I better introduce myself as well, been lurking awhile now researching for my recently acquired M53 parts kit my Dad gave me. Have built ARs, an AK, a couple of CETMEs and an Uzi and working on a Suomi. Still learning a lot, shop still growing but recently acquired an old Craftsman 109 lathe from 1953. Wife and Injust had another baby in July so shop time is precious right now, but researching is easier to do. Appreciate you guys letting me in, slowly acquiring parts for the M53, "just" need receiver halves now. Am considering trying an IronWorker home built receiver, but we will see how that goes. Cheers!

Steve