SS Room and Military precision Out of Business?

MP34, MP40, MP44, etc.

SS Room and Military precision Out of Business?

Postby reb62 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:25 pm

FYI

I have the undwestanding that SS Room and Military precision (The company that took over when SS Room went out of buisness) are both out of buisness.

This may have already been discussed in another thread, but have not seen one as of yet.
reb62
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: SS Room and Military precision Out of Business?

Postby railsplitter » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:27 pm

i THINK THEY SAID THEY'RE OFF TO ACTIVE DUTY :cross:
railsplitter
Major
Major

Postby reb62 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:34 pm

That would be great if that is the case. I would hate to see anyone go out of business and leave many in need of parts and service.
reb62
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Postby Blanksguy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Not the case.......
SS-Room went out-of-busines/changed-names......changing companies to "Military-Precision"......who is now also out-of-business/changing-names to something like "BlankGuns".

Most (if not all) of this is has been covered on the WW2-Reenactors-Board for some time now.

Reenactors are worried that they won't be able to get Blanks for these "BFONGs"........ and this will not be a problem as several "Blank-Manufacturers" have already talked about this.

If all else fails....reenactors should go back to looking at the "old-school" way of making 9x19mm Blanks out of cut-off 5.56x45mm/.223 Rem. brass-cases like we had to do prior to cost-effective 9mmWin.Mag. brass cases becoming available to make 9x19mm Blanks.

As far as "parts" or "service".......just look at it like a standard piece of equipment with moving-parts. There are always people (reenactors) that will be able to work on these "BFONGs".......heck, they had to sort out the problems with these when they came out.....correct (?)......and still working on them.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
Blanksguy
General
General

Postby railsplitter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:44 am

An unfortunate end. We are sorry to have to announce the closing of Schoessler's Supply Room, LLC in Jan 2010. Unfortunately, circumstances to include Military Deployments, the down turn in the economy and many others, are such that we just can not continue operations. Therefore, we will say good bye.

For those customers that own our products, I want to ensure you that you do not, now own "Boat Anchors". Military Precision, LLC has acquired the rights to produce the BFONGs and 9.3mm Blanks. Additionally, they have assured me that they will be there to help Schoessler's Supply Room customers as best they can, with warranty issues or repairs to the SSR BFONGs.

I will be working with Military Precision from time to time to help them develop new products and Kenny, my shop manager has made arrangements to continue in a like position with Military Precision. So, I'm confident you will not see any deterioration in the service you've come accustom to receiving.

Please Click on the link below (the picture) to take you directly to the Military Precision website http://www.militaryprecision.us

Finally, I just want to personally thank all of those that showed continuous support to me and to SSR through the years! From 2001 when I first started to design the BFONG until today, it's been nothing short of an awesome time!

Thanks to all!

Chuck Ducastel
President
Schoessler's Supply Room, LLC
railsplitter
Major
Major

Postby DARIVS ARCHITECTVS » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:20 am

I wouldn't count on any service from them anytime soon. I don't care what they changed the name to. They cut their production and product line to a fraction of what it was.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Blanksguy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:46 am

Someone please "click" on the link that "chuck" provided and tell us what they get on their "screen"....(?).

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy
General
General

Postby jbaum » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 am

Well, the link doesn't work. Computer goof. Looks like they don't have the website up and the domain name is simply taking us to the server, but not a web page.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
jbaum
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Intruder196 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Blanksguy wrote: .

If all else fails....reenactors should go back to looking at the "old-school" way of making 9x19mm Blanks out of cut-off 5.56x45mm/.223 Rem. brass-cases like we had to do prior to cost-effective 9mmWin.Mag. brass cases becoming available to make 9x19mm Blanks.

Some of the guys I reenact with have both the SSroom ppsh41 and their MP40. The "propietary 9.3mm" blanks they got from ssroom for their guns were all made using cut down .223 milsurp brass. Can somebody tell me how something like this becomes "propietary"? Using brass made by somebody else, for another purpose entirely, modifying it, then claiming sole ownership of it? How does one enforce "ownership" of their "propietary" brass if somebody else also uses cut down milsurp .223 to duplicate their blanks?
Intruder196
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Postby Blanksguy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:17 pm

I don't believe that they can.........

If you go back prior to "SS-Room"......and even prior to the availability of cost-effective 9mmWin.Mag. Brass becoming available to make 9x19mm Blanks........
Reenactors had to make their own "old-school" 9x19mm Blanks by taking 5.56x45mm/.223 Rem. Brass.........cutting it off (RCBS Dies)......and then loading/crimping the tips (C&H/4D Dies).......if they wanted to reenact because that was the only way to do it.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy
General
General

Postby Intruder196 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 pm

That's what I thought. But I have read posts in one of the reenactor yahoogroup I am on that basically say "dont go making my blanks" with a thinly veiled threat of legal trouble if you do.
Intruder196
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Postby Blanksguy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Intruder196,

Could you post a "link" to that other web-page for us (?).

Thanks, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy
General
General

Postby Intruder196 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:38 am

It wasnt a web page but the Wehrmacht-reenactor yahoogroup. You may need to join to read the message.
Intruder196
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Postby Bil » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:22 am

Maybe cut and paste the post? I usually won't join any group that will let me in! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby DARIVS ARCHITECTVS » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:36 am

Yep. Bil only joins groups that offer some sort of resistance to his joining... like THIS place.

He has had LOTS of offers to join groups that are looking for guys with his looks and charm, like Stormfront.org, GaysOfSanFrancisco.net (they want him for more than his sexy mustache), and many others.
:lol:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Bil » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:59 am

DA-you don't know what you are talking about-I was accepted at both of those fine organisations,but it is too far to go for the meetings! :shock: :lol: Let me know if your local chapter has room for one more! :lol: ---bil

BTW-has anyone heard more about Military Precision??
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby DARIVS ARCHITECTVS » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Not heard a word about Military Precision. The SSR MP-40 SBR's are no longer available since they handed off their operation to Military Precision. I suppose BFA's are no longer available also, along with several other nice items SSR used to provide alongside their BFONGs. I hope the SSR guys get back and restore the business. Time will tell.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby M1 Tanker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:36 pm

I used to work for SSROOM and Chuck. We were neighbors at Ft Meade and I helped with the design of the BFONGs and Semis. Some of you may have talked to me on the phone before, since some of those press # whatever on the automated system went to my cell in Texas. Chuck and I are still friends, but I haven't worked for him for in over 18 months.

Its a bummer. Military Precision was started to give a friendier name to the company. Chuck was hoping to migrate the business from 1 name to another prior to deployment to Iraq. Well, that deployment screwed up a lot of stuff, including the name.

At the moment, they are out of business. I know they will have blanks, but thats as much as I know. I don't work there anymore and tried hard to help them in the customer service area, but some things are hard to do 1000 miles from the shop.

Chris
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Postby reb62 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Chris,

Thank you for your input on this thread. I would like to remain patient and hope that with a little time, things may pan out for them and with a little luck, perhaps production and service can get back on track for many loyal cutomers.
reb62
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Postby Mikesal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:50 am

After the Ft. Custer reenactment coming up in a couple weeks, I will be loaning my bfong mp40 to one of the blanks vendors for his use in developing his version of the blanks. I have just enough blanks left to cover me for the event, then I'm out.

My gun has been very dependable & if the blanks are good (pointed ends instead of blunt) it runs like a sewing machine.
Mike S
Mikesal
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Next

Return to MP General Discussion