Barrel Stop Installation Question

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
1943armory
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Barrel Stop Installation Question

Post by 1943armory » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:16 pm

I'm new to this group and I'm super happy to have found it and be accepted. I've built quite a few items over the years from standard AR builds, to L2A3s, to PPS43 kits... etc. My first attempt on a Yugo M53 parts kit I bought eons ago when they we quite a bit cheaper. Thank you all for having me.

The question I have, and I have googled, searched this forum, and read quite a few build docs. I'm very early in the build process. I'm using the front shroud half and back half receiver sections from BPRguns where the normal halves are already welded together and you have to mate the front half to the back half. Not the ones that are split down the middle following the barrel line. Is there a trick to getting the barrel stop into the shroud without simply pounding away to get the ears to clear the side barrel opening and get it to the point where you can spin it and poke the ears through the sheet metal at the top and bottom slots?

Thanks! I know it might be answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Barrel Stop Installation Question

Post by 42rocker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:16 pm

1st Welcome to the board. As you may or may not have picked up the board went down and Lost a lot of pics which some of us hope to start getting back up again someday. So review and do what you are doing -->> ask questions.
2nd Pics on both ends would help out a lot. On the site and of the parts you are working on.
3rd I think that you are working on the "camming part" that "slips on the receiver. Ihave seen mills and files used to remove material from the receiver to make the camming part slip on. As always care full with what you remove.
4th Go to the brp website and look and review Brian's info and if needed call him. Great Man.

More later as wife called dinner time.

Later 42rocker

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:14 pm

Dinner was another of the Wife's great meals.
Back to your build.
Please post a pic of the area that you are working on if you can. If not we can help with that posting.
Again review brp's website and let us know if we can help out some more.

Later 42rocker

1943armory
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by 1943armory » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:46 pm

7AB2BE09-B6E6-4D64-B6CB-4438D06B71C4.jpeg

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:16 am

Good Pic. Not the area I was thinking of.
My first thought call Brian @ BRP and talk with him about it. It also could be something as simply as the welded seam might be in the way.
Review and let us know how it goes.

Later 42rocker

1943armory
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by 1943armory » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:14 am

42Rocker,

Thanks so much. I will do that for sure. This one is going to be fun. I'm hoping slow and steady wins the race.....

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:52 pm

Before the board went down there were several good threads about building with a BRP receiver. While pics are still missing the threads still have Great info in them. Happy to say John was able to save them.
Please keep us updated on how a slow and steady build works out. Great I hope.

Later 42rocker