WTS/WTB MGZ40 Optic Parts

Got something to sell? Click Here. (A photo or a link is required!) If you sell something, you might want to think about the donation button in the MG42.US stuff link.
Forum rules
You MUST have five (5) posts elsewhere in the forums before posting here.

ALL POSTS MUST COMPLY WITH THESE RULES OR THEY WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING!

WE ARE NOT AN AUCTION SITE

F/S Posts must contain;

1) Your contact information .

2) A picture or a URL to a picture of the item for sale.

3) Or a link to who or where the item you saw for sale can be found. Links to auction sites are acceptable .

4) A fixed price (with or without shipping)(see 4a - 4c)
...a) stated in either ... gold,silver, U.S. paper currency, etc
...b) specific items your looking for in trade
...c) for cash+barter combos a fixed value for your F/S item is STILL REQUIRED.

If you find an item cheaper than a sellers stated price available somewhere else, PM or E-mail the seller. Give them the chance to evaluate adjusting their price, then if you still think the stated price is too high start a new thread in our deals section. Please do not hijack their ad ;)

Please remember...................

Let us know when all items are "SOLD" or "SOLD PENDING FUNDS". We will then move the thread to the Sold section when the sale is completed or after 90 days.
sdd5317
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

WTS/WTB MGZ40 Optic Parts

Post by sdd5317 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:09 pm

I am looking to buy the missing Lafette Tripod Dovetail Mount for this MGZ40 optic or would also be willing to sell the optic to someone who has the parts.

Looking for $850 for the optic as it sits without the mount.
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WTS/WTB MGZ40 Optic Parts

Post by JBaum » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:51 pm

A pic of the other side (left side) of the scope would be good.

What is obviously missing here is the mount, which includes the elevation mechanism, gauge window, and knob. It also looks like the windage knob is gone from the left side (hard to see).

Shown below is a compete sight for reference..

Right side from below showing mount:
IMG_20200201_190112.jpg
Right side:
IMG_20200201_190055.jpg
Left side showing windage/traverse knob:
IMG_20200201_190041.jpg
Left side:
IMG_20200201_190018.jpg
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com

sdd5317
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by sdd5317 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:27 pm

JBaum wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:51 pm
A pic of the other side (left side) of the scope would be good.

What is obviously missing here is the mount, which includes the elevation mechanism, gauge window, and knob. It also looks like the windage knob is gone from the left side (hard to see).

Shown below is a compete sight for reference..

Right side from below showing mount:
IMG_20200201_190112.jpg

Right side:
IMG_20200201_190055.jpg

Left side showing windage/traverse knob:
IMG_20200201_190041.jpg

Left side:
IMG_20200201_190018.jpg
6ED1C046-22ED-47E6-8FEF-A213961F3CF2.jpeg
41ED3546-2833-41C3-B4AD-0A4AFA9AFA3F.png
AD0EF0A7-AEAC-4A87-9276-369B336C1378.jpeg
36708ACA-BB7B-46A8-9338-D65C08982CC9.jpeg

ajmdreammg42
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by ajmdreammg42 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:33 pm

I have been looking for a bubble level capsule assy and the screw adjustment assy that holds it in for my mgz40. If you want to part yours out let me know. or if anybody here got those spare parts please contact me.

sdd5317
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by sdd5317 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Let me know what you are thinking price wise for that and I’ll see if I can make it work

ajmdreammg42
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by ajmdreammg42 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:51 pm

download/file.php?mode=view&id=17143
download/file.php?mode=view&id=17142
download/file.php?mode=view&id=17141
download/file.php?mode=view&id=17140

Here is my MGZ40, last pic is the parts I need. I am thinking maybe $100 for these 3 parts as long as the threads are not messed up on the collar ( the middle piece) in the picture. let me know
Attachments
20180630_003913.jpg
20180630_003902.jpg
20180630_003852.jpg
20180630_003558.jpg

Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:01 pm

Have you checked with "Bergflak" over in Norway (?)…...I believe that there are a couple of sellers in Europe that have access to these (newly made) level-vials.

Also, while we are on the subject of MGZ40 parts...…..I am in the need of the glass lens that covers the elevation settings (mine is cracked on one of my MGZ40 optics).
Last...….seller......after you are done selling the level-vial......send me an e-mail on what you have left of the MGZ40 assembly and price shipped to me in Michigan. I can always save the parts for others that may need them in the future.

Regards, RichardS
US Army, RET
Blanksguy2001@outlook.com

ajmdreammg42
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by ajmdreammg42 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:18 am

I looked at his items for sale but did not see any MGZ parts, what other sellers do you know of ? Been looking for a while for this level vial and screw assy and gave up. These are the only pieces I need for my scope. Still need a wire harness though. Would love someday to have a complete set up for my C&R MG42.

Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:09 pm

For a level-vial......you will need to contact him directly (e-mail......and ask that he look/ask around in Norway and Europe...……..maybe he knows someone with MGZ40 Optic Parts-??). The MGZ40, MGZ34, and MGZ should all use the same level-vial...….as with the German Aiming-circle and optical sights for their Artillery and Mortars (?).

Also, have you looked on E-Bay.DE (?)……….or E-Bay.UK (?)……..or posted a WTB ad over in the "DWJ" German Firearms Magazine (?)………..placed WTB ads on some of the WWII Reenactors Forums....here in the USA....and over in the UK and Europe (?).

Have you tried sourcing out a "Level-Vial" from manufacturers of Optical equipment used for "survey" (parts)…..maybe just measure the size of the vial......and then start looking in survey equipment parts (?).

When the French MG34/MG42-Forum was up and running...…...there were several "collectors" that sold parts for these. Maybe they have E-Bay in France (?)…….or reenactors/collectors of WWII Optical Sights (?).

Finding level vials for optics is going to turn into a "labor-of-love" to finish out your MGZ40 optic "system"......the light-cords/battery-boxes/etc. all turn up in Europe...…..and I believe that the level-vial will also turn out to be a "common" optic repair part in Europe.

Regards, RichardS
US Army, RET

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Battery boxes and cords will be available at the Show of Shows in Louisville, KY. They are there every time I wander the show.

Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:45 pm

JBaum,
Thank you for that information.

Most collectors in the USA don't understand that the optical lights/cords/Battery-Boxes that many believe are just for the MG42 and MG34...….are part of the night light systems used on WWII German Artillery and Mortars. Most of the large guns were either sold-of as "surplus" after WWII...….or scrapped......but due to other uses for the lighting systems used to light up the fire-controls.....the battery-boxes, light-cords and lights were saved a lot more than the artillery was...….and/or set aside for future uses.

I'm in need of an MGZ40 Collimator (Tan or Field-Gray-color) and spare "lens-filters" (red and amber colors) if you come across any...….
You can pass my contact information on to anyone selling these MGZ40 Optic accessories.

Regards, RichardS
US Army, RET

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:57 pm

When I go to the restroom or to get something to eat, each time I cut through that show in a different direction and check what's on the tables. Other than that, I spend my time at my tables selling manuals, and don't cruise the rest of the show looking for deals. It's the best show of the year, but I don't get to shop even for myself.
I highly recommend it to whoever wants to see things you don't see anywhere else, some in quantity.

ajmdreammg42
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by ajmdreammg42 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:18 am

Thanks blanksguy and JBaum , I will renew my search with your information. I did email "Bergflak" over in Norway and I will search those other sources you have mentioned. I have looked and purchased in the past junk optics other than a MGZ but always turned up empty. First pic shows just 2 pieces I bought that did not work. Next pics show a vial in my MGZ40 that is close but to long, accidentally broke the end off it and it drained the fluid out. Got close a few times for the vial but never for the screw assy. Always the wrong size. Tried Commercial suppliers also, no luck. I occasionally scan ebay in Europe in several countries but sometimes find that the seller over there will not ship to the USA. I am still hoping sdd5317 will sell me the parts I need. I used to go to the SOS in Louisville all the time but haven't been there in a few years, will try to get to the one on the 22nd. I do go to the knob creek shows all the time, only have maybe missed 2 shows in the last 20 years. I am making another post on a ZF4 look alike scope and mount that I would like to ID, can you guys take a look ?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14085

download/file.php?mode=view&id=17144
download/file.php?mode=view&id=17146
download/file.php?mode=view&id=17145
Attachments
MGZ40 pic 3.jpg
MGZ40 pic 2.jpg
MGZ40 pic 1.jpg

Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:56 pm

sdd5317,
First, sorry to add information to your "for-sale-ad", for ajmdreammg42 to use to get his MGZ40 optic repaired...…...I would request that 42rocker (or one of the other mods) split this thread somehow as the repair of MGZ/MGZ34, and MGZ40 Optic-Vials may be a worthwhile subject to have its own thread (??).
Second...…I am interested in your 1/2 MGZ40 Optic assembly/parts. Please contact me at my e-mal address listed a end of my reply:
E-mail: Blanksguy2001@outlook.com

ajmdreammg42,
If you would, please post some clear/close photos of the three small vial mounting parts from the bottom and sides so that I can see these in better detail.

First......this sight is almost set up as a survey-instrument ... ….. and with that said, have you done a "search" on the web to locate any companies who clean/adjust/repair survey optical equipment ...like Theodolites (?)…….as these same companies will/should also have repair parts such as leveling-vials. If you remove the vial from the sheet-metal-holder that it is currently in...….measure the OD (outside-diameter) and length …… _.xxx" Diameter x _.xxx" length...…..and provide this to the company. If they do not have nor use this size....maybe they can give you a "link" to a company who has these level-vials (?). I seem to recall that the replacement Vials do not come with the sheet-metal-holder...…..but I may be wrong.

Next....the three parts look like a "sheet-metal-holder" (that the vial is in) that has a "forked-end" so that it does not turn during adjustment nor use, a "lock-ring" in center that is used to lock the assembly down after adjustment, and an "End-Cap" that is turned for fine-adjustment with a camming-action to move the end of the level-vial up/down to level it during adjustment.

Last, contact 42rocker for help in locating the threads on the MG42-Forum that talked about the full disassembly and reassembly of the MGZ40 optic as we use to have thread about this.
After you post the photos and information from other "searches"...…..I would request that you have 42rocker start a "thread" for us on "The Disassembly/cleaning/lubrication and Minor-Repair/Adjustments of the MGZ/MGZ34/MGZ40 Optics". We can go into more detail there and really shouldn't use someone's sales ad as a "vehicle" for repairing optics...….correct (?).

Regards, RichardS
US Army, RET

Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Next.....(hoping that 42rocker will be moving these postings from the sales-ad)…...I have located a large grouping of MGZ34 and MGZ40 Optic photos assembled and taken apart that I hope I can find some way to post somewhere on our forum.
I have attached a photo of what are suppose to be the Level-Vial-Parts from an MGZ34 :
MGZ34-Level-Vial-Parts.jpg
Now....these may be "original" parts (??).....or "reproduction" parts (??)…….or possibly parts adapted for use in these optics today (??).
We need to investigate this in more detail.

Regards, RichardS
US Army, RET

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:30 pm

Battery box for sale from Poland, but the ad says they only ship to Germany and he wants paid by bank transfer.

So, if you know someone in Germany who can resend it to you and make the payment, you're good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Box-Batterieka ... Swr8BeMEN2