Wartime German MG42 Cam Section for sale. WTS or WTT

Got something to sell? Click Here. (A photo or a link is required!) If you sell something, you might want to think about the donation button in the MG42.US stuff link.
Forum rules
You MUST have five (5) posts elsewhere in the forums before posting here.

ALL POSTS MUST COMPLY WITH THESE RULES OR THEY WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING!

WE ARE NOT AN AUCTION SITE

F/S Posts must contain;

1) Your contact information .

2) A picture or a URL to a picture of the item for sale.

3) Or a link to who or where the item you saw for sale can be found. Links to auction sites are acceptable .

4) A fixed price (with or without shipping)(see 4a - 4c)
...a) stated in either ... gold,silver, U.S. paper currency, etc
...b) specific items your looking for in trade
...c) for cash+barter combos a fixed value for your F/S item is STILL REQUIRED.

If you find an item cheaper than a sellers stated price available somewhere else, PM or E-mail the seller. Give them the chance to evaluate adjusting their price, then if you still think the stated price is too high start a new thread in our deals section. Please do not hijack their ad ;)

Please remember...................

Let us know when all items are "SOLD" or "SOLD PENDING FUNDS". We will then move the thread to the Sold section when the sale is completed or after 90 days.
MGSchutze
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Wartime German MG42 Cam Section for sale. WTS or WTT

Post by MGSchutze » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Original WW2 German MG42 Cam Section for sale. 175.00 or Trades

German wartime Cam section,"AR" Mauser code with Waffenamt on top middle. This is not a matching set, but it is in excellent condition with no cracks, chipping or impacted areas. The ramps are in near perfect condition so Im guessing a relatively low round count overall.

Would prefer trades, I am primarily looking for an MG3 or Yugo Bolt in Excellent/Serviceable condition.

Or, if anyone has these, I am also looking for:
WWII German Wartime Feed Tray Cover and tray
WWII German Wartime Bipod
MG42 or M53 Buffer Assembly
MG42 or M53 Recuperator Body/Housing

Please PM me if interested, thanks!
Attachments
20200803_094125.jpg
20200803_094034.jpg
20200803_094000.jpg
20200803_093945.jpg
20200803_093926.jpg
20200803_093917.jpg
20200803_093849~2.jpg

MGSchutze
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Re: Wartime German MG42 Cam Section for sale. WTS or WTT

Post by MGSchutze » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:12 pm

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that these markings may have been forged. I am not an expert in Waffenamts or other markings. This cam section came with a legit kit I bought last year, a 1944 CRA gun.

If anyone has any opinions to share, feel free to PM me. Kind of a downer if this is indeed true. The gun and everything else that came with it were legit, so I have no reason to believe (until now) that this cam section would not be the same.

If I can confirm these markings have been added post war, I will take down the listing.

MGSchutze
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by MGSchutze » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:05 am

Edit:

With the help of Abominog (who i really trust knows his stuff) and another forum member, Im convinced this piece is an older forgery. Why someone would want to add markings to an already marked cam section is beyond me (stupid!).

Im still offering it for sale if someone is interested, maybe someone collects these or can make use of it. It still appears to be a German part of good quality so I am offering it for 35.00 or trade towards another listed part I need. Thanks everybody and sorry for the confusion.

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:30 pm

Gotta be about the worst attempt at a Waffenamt I've ever seen - (no offense).
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com

MGSchutze
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by MGSchutze » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Haha, no offense taken, John. I dont know why I didnt pick up on this sooner. My K98 waffenamt on the reciever is a little boogered up, like they didnt get a perfect whack on the stamp, so I guess in the back of my mind I was thinking, "yeah, it looks sorta bad. Just wartime conditions I guess... Air raids... Maybe its stylized... Who am I to question original markings". Upon a zoomed in photo and closer inspection.... It really is terrible. Lol

Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:30 am

I have a Mg34 shroud with fake WaA that makes this one look professional.

In the case of this cam, what really matters is condition of the camming surfaces, all else is cosmetic.
FNG

MGSchutze
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by MGSchutze » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:18 pm

Thanks, Abominog. I dont feel quite as bad now.

The part is serviceable and in very good condition so thats why Im keeping it up for sale.

I would love to trade for something, especially. Trying to catch up to you Old Salts is nigh impossible, but I still need a few spares on-hand.