Indianapolis Ordnance MG42 BFONGs

Anything MG42 related.
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Indianapolis Ordnance MG42 BFONGs

Post by MauserMatt » Mon May 04, 2020 3:39 pm

Hello all!

Been a long time since I've been on here... But I've run across a problem. Two problems to be exact.

I have two Indy Ordnance MG42 BFONGs that I'm trying to get to run right. They're close! But not quite there. These guns are almost exactly like a real MG42, except the non-removable barrel and in a proprietary caliber, 302 BFONG.

The problem I'm having is I get about 10-12 rounds off. It has strong hits on the primer of each round until it gets to the last few rounds. Then the gun stops and leaves a round in the chamber, bolt closed and either no hit or a light hit on the primer.

I can rack the round out of the chamber and fire again with the same results. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for any help!
~Matt

Blanksguy
General
General

Re: Indianapolis Ordnance MG42 BFONGs

Post by Blanksguy » Mon May 04, 2020 5:08 pm

To help you sort this out......why don't you post a few clear photos of the areas of:
1: Disassemble the MG42 BFONG and lay out the parts about where they are to be re-assembled......such as the Flash-Hider/Booster/ and any Blank-Firing-Restrictor at the front of the gun...…..then the Top-Cover/Feed-Tray over the gun as a grouping...…….then remove Butt-Stock/Recoil-Spring/Bolt-Group, etc. and lay these parts out under the gun. This will show us what we are working with. When you get to the Bolt-Group......please show this disassembled.

2: Next......post a copy of any and all paperwork that came with these MG42 BFONGs to include and "adjustment" information for us to review so that we can read over and assist you with your request.

3: After you reassemble your MG42 BFONG...…please take a couple photos of the gun's parts reassembled...….such as a clear photo(s) of the inside of the top-cover with a short section of your Blanks laid out on the feed-tray. Maybe a clear photo of the barrel-extension end of the barrel as it sits in behind the Barrel-Removal-Gate.

4: Last...…..if you can show us a clear photo of where the action stops (a stoppage) with the empty/fired brass still in the gun....this may help.

The next question is just a question about the .302 Blanks...…..if you have a photo of any markings on/in the bags that these Blanks came in......and some of the case-head-markings on the Brass...….this is of interest to us. As would be the OAL of the unfired Blanks......and maybe of the length to the start of the "shoulder" of the unfired Blank.
Is the Barrel-Assembly removable for cleaning (?)…….if so, photos of both ends of the Barrel and any restriction/restrictors that are in the Barrel.

I believe that with these photos and information we will be able to sort this out for you in short order.
Regards, RichardS
US Army, RET
Blanksguy2001@outlook.com

Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy » Mon May 04, 2020 5:11 pm

MODs...….
I will let you decide if this should be a separate "Thread" of moved into the Blank-Adapting Section (?).
I believe that it is a good-thread/topic...….and would not want it to get lost after we sort out the issues with his BFONGs.

Regards, RichardS
US Army, RET

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum » Mon May 04, 2020 6:57 pm

Lack of recoil will cause those symptoms.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com